TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Ed & Jerri

Default New Owner

Well I made it back from L. A. with our 3124KB. 2008 model like new. The Beast pulled it like a dream. I set it up in by the house and tested all systems. The forum is a tremendous wealth of information. I want to thank all contributors.

We loaded up the two granddaughters ( 7 & 8 ) and headed to the mountains for the maiden voyage. We dry camped. 4 days 3 nights. What a pleasure having a trailmanor. We were able to see Elk, Deer, and a Bear. We have the 40 gallon fresh water tank which lasted the entire trip. The trip into our camp site was 10 miles one way of gravel road. A little rough at times. Everything made the trip fine. Our solar panel prevented me from having to use the generator.

Looking forward to our next trip the 30th of July going to pull it with my jeep. We are going to jeep the San Juans by Silverton, CO.

Thanks again to all.

Ed
Old 07-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
mtnguy

Ed, be extra careful towing with that Jeep. I checked on getting the new 4 dr. Jeep a couple of months ago to replace my 98 Wranger, and didn't feel that it was safe to pull my 2720. Besides the wheel base being a little short, the Jeep that I checked on had a class 2 hitch. Normally, the class 2s have a 1 and 1/4" reciever, but Jeep has sized that up to a 2". But the maximum tow rating is @ 3500 lbs., and it is recommended that you don't use a WDH with it. Now, if you have upgraded the factory hitch, that might be different.

Chap
Old 07-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Ed & Jerri

Default Pulling with my Jeep

Chap,
My wife has told me the Rubicon is mans answer to the Barbie. I have dressed up my jeep---- 41/2 inch Nth degree lift, 33 inch tires, Prodigy brake controller, winch, Rock Hard rear bumper with 2 inch receiver 7 way mounted plug, on and on. Grandpa is ready.
Thanks for the concern.

Ed
Old 07-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
mtnguy

OK, now I am jealous. My 98 4 banger is pretty much stock as it came off of the show room floor.....right down to the orginal 10 yr. old battery.

Chap
Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Gee I want to see a pic of the Rubicon.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
PopBeavers

A real jeep is something like my brother has, CJ2B, the 4 banger high hood. You don't see too many of those anymore, especially it great condition.

When you said Rubicon, I thought you were talking about the Jamboree. I never went, but my brother in law did in 1969.

In the early 70's I was in a Boy Scout Explorere post that was a jeep club. I know what you mean about jeeps as toys.

I would still be very careful with the wheelbase. Just pay attention to the situation at hand.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Ed & Jerri

Pop,
My first jeep was a 1948 Willy's. I have had different jeeps through the years. Now that I am retired I am spending the kids inheritance. Getting the toys I could not afford. I will be careful. I do realize wheel base is a major factor. Slow and easy. I have slowed down on my Harley. The more seasons that pass one gets smarter. In the late 60's and 70's I was playing Marine.

Ed
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
cstevens

Ed, where did you get your Solar Panel, I am interested in getting one.......... Thanks glad you had a great time. I love my trailmanor....... C

Old 07-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
Ed & Jerri

The solar panel was dealer installed. I purchased the trailmanor with the solar panel already installed.