TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Beach Boy

Default No Response From TM

I sent a message to the TM sales department through their website last Wednesday. I asked them if they could tell me if TM was going to have an exhibit at in any RV show in or near Alabama. As of today, I have not heard from anyone. I hope their non-response is due to the snow storm in the Southeast. I will get everyone informed.

I read in another post that TM did not have an exhibit at the Tampa RV show which is one of the largest if not the largest RV shows in the world. With the demise of Hi-Lo, this is the time to ramp up sales and promotion. It is not rocket science. What is wrong with TM?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
I sent a message to the TM sales department through their website last Wednesday. I asked them if they could tell me if TM was going to have an exhibit at in any RV show in or near Alabama. As of today, I have not heard from anyone. I hope their non-response is due to the snow storm in the Southeast. I will get everyone informed.

I read in another post that TM did not have an exhibit at the Tampa RV show which is one of the largest if not the largest RV shows in the world. With the demise of Hi-Lo, this is the time to ramp up sales and promotion. It is not rocket science. What is wrong with TM?
I think TM is having a little trouble entering the 21st century. They don't even take credit cards for parts purchases, nor do they have a web site for ordering parts or even a parts diagram.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
......................snip..............

Beach Boy:

To my knowledge the only TM dealer in Fl is JD sanders and they don't even go to the Ocala RV show less then an hour drive from them. They do keep a few TM's in stock but it isn't their main line so I wouldn't expect them to drive all the way to Tampa to do a show.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Beach Boy:

To my knowledge the only TM dealer in Fl is JD sanders and they don't even go to the Ocala RV show less then an hour drive from them. They do keep a few TM's in stock but it isn't their main line so I wouldn't expect them to drive all the way to Tampa to do a show.
My understanding with dealers and RV shows is the manufacturer with share expenses with the dealer. Generally might reimburse the entry fee; provide promotion materials such as back drops, banners, etc.; and/or corporate personnel.

Interesting?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
moaboy

I am suprised there is not better access to TM's in Florida. I live in the Harrisburg, PA area and I have a very good TM dealer about 30 miles to the south of me in Hanover where my TM came from and another dealer about 60 miles east of me. My dealer was at the Hershey RV show 3 years ago and the other dealer has been at the RV show in Hershey the last 2 years. I'll trade you some warmer weather for a dealer?
Some TM dealer has been a regular participant of the Hershey show for years-which is how I found out about TM's.
Good luck, and in my opinion well worth the effort to track down a TM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy
What is wrong with TM?
Yes, it would be nice if they had a dedicated guy just sitting around waiting to answer a stream of emails from us. But they are a small company, some of the employees wear many hats, they are in reorganization - and they probably expect us to be able to answer some of our own questions with a quick Google search.

By searching for ""RV show" Alabama", I find that there are few shows scheduled for Alabama, but several scheduled for Louisiana. You could research these shows to see if a TM dealer will be there. And you could check out MS and Florida as well. You could also go to the dealers list on the TM site, and directly contact the TM dealers who would be there - they make their own choices, and so may be in a better position to answer.

You get the idea - help yourself on the things you can, and you'll get better response on the things you can't.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Yes, it would be nice if they had a dedicated guy just sitting around waiting to answer a stream of emails from us. But they are a small company, some of the employees wear many hats, they are in reorganization - and they probably expect us to be able to answer some of our own questions with a quick Google search.

By searching for ""RV show" Alabama", I find that there are few shows scheduled for Alabama, but several scheduled for Louisiana. You could research these shows to see if a TM dealer will be there. And you could check out MS and Florida as well. You could also go to the dealers list on the TM site, and directly contact the TM dealers who would be there - they make their own choices, and so may be in a better position to answer.

You get the idea - help yourself on the things you can, and you'll get better response on the things you can't.

Bill
Way ahead of you. I have googled RV shows and contacted Bankston RV's. Inconclusive on both.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
Dog Lady

Default RE: TM exhibiting at RV shows

I went the the Tampa RV show to find the TM vendor. They were listed, they were on the map layout but pulled at the last minute.
I talked with the local dealers and found out that TM wanted the dealers to pay the heafty $1300. booth fee which in most cases the manufactor pays, so that is why they pulled the entry. Money is tight so I wouldn't expect to see them at any shows these days.

Annette
Dunedin, FL

honda odyssey
looking for a 2619
Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
ng2951

Default Getting No Response From TM is the Norm

I wish I could order parts through their website. I have tried for two months to get the plastic guide for the king bed. Despite talking to the parts department twice no parts yet. Its hard to believe they like leaving money on the table, but they seem to love doing this.

In June, the pardette and I are going to a Cowboy Action Shooting match at Swearing Creek, NC. We thought about going by the plant and getting some adjustments made but we still cannot get a response. Small operation or not, this should only take a few minutes for them to schedule. It kind of makes you wonder why their website does not generate an automatic acknowledgement.

I keep wondering how many sales this costs them???
Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

I am also caught up with limited support in FL. Suncoast in Jax says "they are qualified" but I had warranty work done by them and it was pitiful.