TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
cali camping

Default Window seal problem

Hey all,
Anyone have any issues with the corners of the exterior sliding window seals getting jammed in the way when trying to close the windows. My TM is brand new and I have this problem on almost every window. It doesn't matter if they have been soaked by the sun and are pliable or if they are cold and stiff. I actually have to go outside and pull the seal out of the way and then have the window pushed closed from the inside. This has caused the seal to distort (see attached pic.). I wanted to ask here before I call the factory.

Thanks in advance for your input...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01124.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1796  

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
evans27292

Angry window trim

yes i have a 2007 , 3326ks with the same problem. i have emailed ed at TM.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
BrigCA61

Hi Chip - here's a thread about it that I found. Not sure if it's much help, but you're not alone. We have the same problem. We just push & wiggle it as far as it will go until it can be latched/locked. I think hubby asked about it once when at the dealer and they said that's the way most of them are. Not sure if there's really a fix. I'd try emailing Ed at the factory... he's always very helpful.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=window+shut
Old 04-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigCA61 View Post
Hi Chip - here's a thread about it that I found. Not sure if it's much help, but you're not alone. We have the same problem. We just push & wiggle it as far as it will go until it can be latched/locked. I think hubby asked about it once when at the dealer and they said that's the way most of them are. Not sure if there's really a fix. I'd try emailing Ed at the factory... he's always very helpful.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=window+shut

Thanks for pointing it out...I had done a pretty thorough search, but didn't see that one. It did'nt offer much guidance though. I did talk to the factory once on this and they said try some silicone spray, which I did...no help. I also tried Protect All on the windows...no help. This is an unacceptable situation in my opinion and it will have to be fixed. My last TM didn't do it...

Thanks all!

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Old 04-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
BrigCA61

Chip, ours doesn't have the rippling like yours in the photo. I'd take it back to the dealer and have them replace it.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
mtnguy

Chip & Kat,

I noticed this problem on our TM several weeks ago, and here is what seemed to cure it.

I opened the window, and pulled the seal slightly out of the window frame. I doused a rag with silicone spray, then rubbed it around the seal on both sides (but mostly on the inside) to make it pliable and slick. I closed the window, then put the seal back into place. I would open and close the window several times, and if things still didn't seat correctly, I would go through the procedure again. So far, the windows close without "catching" the seal, although I still have the cringling effect at the corners.....I hope some hot weather will correct this.

And I didn't realize that TM recommends silicone spray for this problem until I read your post. That is reassuring to me, because I was somewhat worried about the long term effects of silicone on the seal.

mtnguy
Old 04-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
Tuscany Bandit

Default Same problem...

I have a 2005 2720sl and have the "crinkled" effect around most of the windows also, but have no problem closing the windows or with water seeping in.
I just don't like the looks of the seal...doesn't look very professional. They came from the factory like that and haven't gotten any better in almost 2 years. Guess that I will live with it!
Jerry
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Chip & Kat,

I noticed this problem on our TM several weeks ago, and here is what seemed to cure it.

I opened the window, and pulled the seal slightly out of the window frame. I doused a rag with silicone spray, then rubbed it around the seal on both sides (but mostly on the inside) to make it pliable and slick. I closed the window, then put the seal back into place. I would open and close the window several times, and if things still didn't seat correctly, I would go through the procedure again. So far, the windows close without "catching" the seal, although I still have the cringling effect at the corners.....I hope some hot weather will correct this.

And I didn't realize that TM recommends silicone spray for this problem until I read your post. That is reassuring to me, because I was somewhat worried about the long term effects of silicone on the seal.

mtnguy
Thanks for the info...I will try that and hope it works! The factory also said a dry teflon spray may also work and if it didn't to give Ed a call for the "next" level of fix. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
JapChinLvr

Hi - we have the same issue - so I'll be getting some silicone spray this weekend. Looking forward to hearing what "Ed" has to say.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
wwjam

Ours are like that too. We have trouble with some windows, and not with others, especially when it's cold. We've even had to take the rubber partly off to get the window closed. In the warm weather they don't do that. And, the more we open and shut them the less they do that. I'd like to know too, what Ed will say about it. We have asked the dealer about it, but nothing was resolved so I don't even remember what was said.