TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
rdennis

Default Television Antenna & Reception

New on this forum, I have a 2007 model 2720. Love it so far. We've had one problem, hopefully someone can shed some light. I've tried to hook my small portable television to the antenna/coax connectors in side the trailer. When the center pin on the coax hits the inside of the barrell connector I have great reception. When the full cable is screwed on to the connection, reception is lousy. Has anyone else had this problem? What was the remedy? TV works fine on the radio shack antenna I have in the house. Is the cable to the antenna on the roof crimped and shorting due to the lift system? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Lost in picture snow!
Rob in Idaho
Old 03-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
MarknMaqhi

I had the same problem with our 2007 2720SL. I checked the thread pointed out by Texas_Camper and started a cable hunt behind the refrigerator panels.

It turns out that the cable coming from the actual antenna itself was stripped for an RG-6 F connector, but there was no actual connector on it at all... it was just lying there at the bottom of the refrigerator panel, unconnected.

I crimped on a new connector and with a coupler, was able to connect it to the dangling connector that goes to the winegard panel next to the refrigerator.

I get exceptional reception now.

Check the bottom external panel of the refrigerator... it will be a grey coax coming up from the floor. I don't know if this is your problem, but I was surprised to see this.