TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
randyveach

Default Window Coverings - Part two

Well, we washed the curtains (on gentle wash) and laid them out to dry (not using the dryer, with little to no shrinkage. After they were dry, we dyed them a wine color (looks GREAT) and when they were finished in the washing machine we hung them back up to dry. We had only one problem, not all of the curtains made it to the washing machine to be dyed the first time. While we were hanging them up we discovered that three curtains had to be dyed because they didn't make it in the first batch.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to tint the windows without tearing apart the window frame. The problem, as I see it, is that I can get to one piece of glass, but the window screen stops me from getting to the other piece of glass. If anyone has solved this problem, please feel free to jump forward.

Randy & Janie Veach
Round Rock, Texas
Old 09-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
colorado

Default window tint

I just tinted my windows about 4 weeks ago ,to remove the other window you have to pull the screen of by puling the rubber string out first and than you have the middle bar with snaps on top and bottom i slowly pryed it out with straight screwdriver ,dow this with care so you dont rip apart the metal and when you finish you wil be able to snap it back in with nose pliers
oh to pull the window out on top you pull the plastic out thats inside the channel if you pull that out it gives you little more room to raise the window to get it out it is little work but it can be done it took me couple days to get stuff tinted its worth it i used 20% tint i tought it would be too dark inside but its not ,if i was doing it again i probably would use 5% i have some pics of how it looks now with tint check; trailmanor pictures // testing pics//
good luck with the project