TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
kayaker43

Default window leaks?

I have a 2002 2619 and have two windows leaking from the bottom edges. The rear bedroom just runs down the aluminum. but the dinette area window runs down the wallpaper paneling and caused it to delaminate

I already replaced the leaking roof vent so I'm not too impressed so far. The little drain holes on the outside window frame are clear and there's no water above the window so I don't think its the roof seam?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Re-silicone around the windows and you should not have a leak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
KdHammonds

Default Leaking Windows

The only leak I ever experienced was the window over the couch on the road side. The water was coming in at the bottom edge of the window. Through careful inspection I discovered the water was actually coming in along the top edge. I applied silicon caulk around the outside top edge of the window and have not had any problems since. I would second the previous recommendation of caulking around the outside of the windows.

Good Luck.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Bill & Lisa

During one of my semi regular but not as often as I should checks of all the screws and nuts I found several of the screws holding the window frame together were loose. As I was closely examining the window I did notice some moisture along the bottom edge of the frame but tightening the screws eliminated the problem.
Bill
Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default window leaks

Old thread for an old problem on a new TM. We finally had hard enough rain today with the TM set up to check for leaks. Found two windows leaking, the street side bedroom window and the escape exit window in the bedroom.
Don't know yet why the exit window leaks, maybe the frame since it over laps instead to butting together. The street side bedroom window......outside frame is installed upside down leaving the drain holes at the top. This window had sticking problems and was repaired at the dealer before delivery so I can't say how the frame was installed upside down. Everything else looks good so far.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Found two windows leaking, the street side bedroom window and the escape exit window
Had the same problem -- curb side bedroom window and the escape exit window in rear bedroom. Discovered it the day before we went on a camping trip -- the rear window was a really bad leak! I laid a narrow bead of caulk across the top edge of both of the window frames. Leaks stopped, they have not leaked since.

However. I also had a leak in the front shell curbside window (next to couch) which turned out to be coming from a bad caulk seal joining the awning to the roof. Removed old caulk, cleaned & dried the seam. re-caulked. -- no further leak.

Tim
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Thanks Tim,
I'll have to pull the window frame, it is the curb side not the street side as stated earlier, since it is in upside down putting the drain holes at the top. If it was in right most likely would not have a leak.

Ken

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Thanks Tim,
I'll have to pull the window frame, it is the curb side not the street side as stated earlier, since it is in upside down putting the drain holes at the top. If it was in right most likely would not have a leak.

Ken
I'd want somebodie's head on a stick..........
Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Thanks Tim,
Ken - Since your TM is a 2011, it should still be under warranty, right? If so, have a dealer do the repair.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
TrailGuy77

Ken,

I found 3 window leaks in my TM during a heavy rainstorm.These included the 48" street side window which the dealer later replaced with a new one,the 24" curb side in the rear bed and the exit window in the back bedroom.The dealer caulked around the top edges and installed a "GUTTER" above the rear exit window as many complaints have been filed about this window.So far so good! Of coarse,this was all done UNDER WARRANTY!

Good Luck!