TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #11
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Hanging Cupboard

[quote author=Cateye link=board=22;threadid=1779;start=msg12599#msg1259 9 date=1080065822]
We have found this to be one of the most useful items in our trailer. We created a velcro attachment on the bottom for paper towels.
[/quote]

The Pop-A-Towel at Camping World works well for paper towels. Part of it fastens to the recessed bottom of the cabinet, and the rest of it, holding the roll of towels, slides into it once the cabinet is hanging.
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:40 PM   #12
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

We love our hanging cabinet. Of course, we use it to store light objects in so it's easier to hang and take down .

The other nice thing is that I attached an under the cabinet light. Of course the light hangs down about 1/2 inch below the base of the cabinet. Because of this, I built a small frame for it to rest on while traveling. The frame keeps the cabinet off the floor so I don't have to worry about the light breaking. Also, behind the light, I attached a plastic paper towel holder. The light doesn't get hot being fluorescent so the paper towels are safe.

I ran a bar strip cord from the bathroom receptacle and it rests on the ledge behind the sink. This way, I can plug the light in without running a long extension cord. In our 3326 King the cabinet hangs to the right of the window which is directly over the sink. At night, it's just like home having the light on in the kitchen area. I don't like to have those bright ceiling lights on so with the under cabinet light, you get plenty of light. Plus we have a small table light which sits on the side dinette in the kitchen area. So with just these 2 lights, you have a well lighted area in the galley/kitchen area.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #13
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

That Pop a Towel thingy looks great - have been pondering how to add one to our shelf thing over the sink. Velcro sounds good, too.

Thanks for all the good ideas!

I called the TM factory and was going to order one of those hanging cabinets, as ours didnt' include one, but I think that it was around the time that Jimmy Davis passed away, because I didn't get a call back.

In the meantime I rigged up something that I think will work OK for us as it includes a shelf above the refrigerator for the TV.

Those hanging cabinets do look nice, though, a lot nicer than the shelf. I finally found a white 12" x 32" shelf to span the sink and hook into the white 12" x 22" one on the right side over the refrigerator. It does give us a lot more shelf space. It's nice just to have a place to put stuff up and away off the counters so you can work in there to cook.
B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote