TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2003, 12:42 AM   #1

Default What is the best place for trash can?

Hi  ;D I did my inspection of my TM this weekend and will be picking it up next friday! I can't wait. I have been setting up the kitchen in my head and thinking where everything will go. The one thing I am having trouble with figuring out is where to put a trash can  ??? I have a 2720 so there is no floor space... Under the sink I have the water heater on the left and a shelf on the right which means I would have to get a really short square trash can  :-/  I can't get any of those wire things that hold bags and put it outside because my precious doggies would have a picnic!  Any ideas?
Thank you!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 05:30 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: What is the best place for trash can?

Get a hangy-thing and hang it from the top of the bathroom wall, over the kitchen sink?

Put it in the bathroom when you are not there, and keep the door closed?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #3
Gene

I use two plastic hooks, hooked on the lower half of the trailer next to the hinged side of the door. I lift  up the velcro flaps to place the hooks on the ledge and reseal the velcro flaps. I hang a plastic grocery bag with its two handles on the two hooks. You could also devise a solid plastic garbage container to hang on the hooks. Put two holes in the top side of the container to fit on the two hooks. Very handy there.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

We just tie a plastic grocery bag to the door handle on the under sink cabinet.  It keeps out of the way and has an uncanny way of letting me know that it needs to be taken out.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:09 AM   #5
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

How about a disposable trash can!

I use a paper grocery bag (Any one remember them?) and line it with a medium size plastic trash bag. It sits between the fridge and the Lay-Z-Boy chair in my 2720SL. You may have to find an out of the way place to set it in your model while you are using it. When I empty the trash, I refold the paper bag and stick it in a handy cabinet if it is still usable, if it is not usable, I throw it out with the plastic bag.

mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:57 AM   #6
Happytrails

We use a typical tall kitchen trash can with lid placed up against the outside bathroom wall next to the sink, rarely does it get in anyone's way, if so, it can be moved.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 06-04-2003, 05:12 AM   #7
ColoradoCop

We use a Popcorn Tin and use a plastic bag from the grocery store.  It sits in the corner behind the chair, below the TV hook up.  The top of the can helps hide odors.  We also have the 2720SL.

Think of the fun of eating the popcorn in order to get the trash can :

ColoradoCop
Old 06-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #8
caremd99

We use an empty Goldfish Crackers box with a plactic Wal-Mart bag inside.  We set it on the counter behind the TV.  The Wal-Mart bag gets replaced each day. ;D
Old 06-05-2003, 06:41 AM   #9
arknoah

Our unit is bigger, but we use a small (like 18 &quot office trash can lined with a grocery bag and place it on the floor near the sink.  We have a smaller one (say, 12&quot on the floor  in the bathroom.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:33 PM   #10
dlajoie
Site Sponsor

Default Re:What is the best place for trash can?

We use a small plastic bathroom type trash can (about 10" high I think) with a small trash bag inserted. It barely fits under the sink drain elbow if you tip it to get it in and out. It isn't very big so it requires more trips to the trash containers. But, all the better for meeting the neighboring campers! We also place a small size dust pan and brush under there.
dlajoie is offline   Reply With Quote