TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
Seleya

Question Warped shell

My 2000 3124 KB had a torsion bar come loose on the forward shell while travelling in VT in 2002. (the screws came free of the shell) We crept home and got it to the dealer who reattached it and sent us on our way. Now, the forward shell is noticably warped on one side and requires that you swing the bottom of it in to latch it. I'm concerned with future structural integrity and the integrity of the repair as well (what if it comes loose again??)

While I love my trailer, I swear it was built on the Monday after the Super Bowl.

I'm getting it back on the road after a 2 year hiatus due to a $hort my dealer never $olved despite over 1/2 dozen visits w/ either the trailer or trailer and tow vehicle (which blacked out the running lights) Hopefully, the repair (the new repair place found the short in less than a half hour) is the solution to my problem. It'll be nice just to get on the road with it instead of simply making the payments.

Any thoughts?

Vicky
Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
lynlpn

maybe you should plan a trip to Lake City Tn and have the factory look at it. Are just call the 800 # and see if they can tell you what to have the dealer check. A warped shell sounds bad and like something is not connected.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:35 AM   #3
Seleya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynlpn
maybe you should plan a trip to Lake City Tn and have the factory look at it. Are just call the 800 # and see if they can tell you what to have the dealer check. A warped shell sounds bad and like something is not connected.
That would be my first inclination but TN is a bit of a trip, especially for someone with (currently) limited vacation time. I think it will eventually come down to that, tho. Essentially the ends of the shell are flared out. While washing it yesterday, I could peek into the interior through a section of the roof while it was closed. While open, everything appears to be great.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
Larry_Loo

Question Show us some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleya
My 2000 3124 KB had a torsion bar come loose . . . Now, the forward shell is noticably warped on one side and requires that you swing the bottom of it in to latch it.
Can you post on this site some photos that will give us a better idea of the exact location and nature of your problem? Without pictures it is often difficult to envision what's happened. Where in the U.S. are you located?