TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Madoc67

Default Maiden voyage to Natural Tunnel State Park!

We just returned from our first trip in a new to us 2004 TM 3124KB and we had an incredible time. We had been looking for a Trailmanor for at least 2 years and approximately one month ago we found one within 15 minutes of us! It was garage kept, in great shape with an incredible price, so we bought it pretty much on sight after our first visit.

Reading this forum was great preparation for knowing what questions to ask and what to look for when inspecting the TM. After updating the tires (thanks hillbillyhotel for your help via PM!), we installed a new battery (Everstart 27DC-6), a new anode rod in the water heater, a Fastway E2 WDH and Prodigy P3 brake controller in the TV and we were ready to hit the road!

We camped at Natural Tunnel State Park outside of Duffield, VA in the Lover's Leap Campground. This park is about 1 hour from our house and we thought it would be ideal for our shake-down cruise. This particular campground in the park is relatively new and the facilities were immaculate. Nice private, graveled sites with water & electric.

We found camping in the TM to be even better than we imagined. The wife was amazed at the amount of storage space in the camper. Even the fridge is relatively spacious. Even better, our kids (ages 15 and 13) had a blast. Our teenage daughter made the front bunk her "own space" and commented that she would like to live in it! Our son enjoyed the 19" Insignia TV and the powered TV antenna - he was amazed we could still get HD tv while camping.

We even used the Thetford (for Number 1 only ) and found no objectionable smell for the short time we were there. It was a great convenience in the middle of the night!

We are already planning our next trip and looking forward to taking our TM out on the road next year. We also plan to take it to the factory (which is about 1.5 hours from us) next year for the pre-season tune-up if it is offered again.

I just want to say thanks to all the people who have posted information on this forum down through the years. It was (and still is) an incredible resource to someone like me and my wife who are new to RV'ing in general and Trailmanor in particular. The previous owner of our TM even included a printed copy of Mike & Kelly's TM 2720 owner's manual along with the standard manufacturer's manuals!

P.S. I have sent emails to the site administrator asking for the address to send a check to become a site sponsor, but I haven't received a response. I used [email protected] and [email protected]. Are these email addresses incorrect?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020370 (640x480).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	9010  
Madoc67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

MacDoc -

Welcome aboard! We're glad to hear that your maiden voyage went so well.

As for becoming a Sponsor, check out the first thread in the Getting Started on the Board forum

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...splay.php?f=24

The "webmaster" address should have worked, but Chris has a real life outside TMO, and it sometimes ties him up. Paypal might be better, if only because it is instantaneous.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

Great to hear a good story, glad all went well on the first trip.
dw said the same thing about all the storage when we moved into it from the last tm ,
tks for shareing the tip on the campground,
i did not even know about that one, an hr from the driveway , got a new place and excuse to make a run .
also welcome to the forum

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote