TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
ng2951

Quote:
...On a seperate note I heard a couple Yamaha 2400 while at Yosemite this past weekend and they seem quieter than my EU2000 when under just battery charging load...
I think they are roughly the same, noise-wise. One of the advantages of the 2400 is that they are quieter than 2 Hondas trying to service the same load.

Something else I discovered the other day is that the Honda Companion 2000 is louder than the standard Honda 2000 by 10 db according to the spec sheet. At least in theory if you wanted a quieter dual Honda rig going with the standard 2000s and the external adapter would yield a setup 10 db quieter than a rig with the Companion.

I am guessing in Honda's quest for a tidy 30 amp setup some soundproofing had to go.

Honda has a great reputation, especially the 2000. Still I will say that my Yamaha 2400 has performed flawlessly for the past 2 plus years. When I dry camp for a weekend it probably logs about 20 plus hours of operation unless it is cool outside. That probably equates probably just under 200 hours/year. Maybe your mileage may vary, but it is performing very well...
Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
PopBeavers

I purchased my Honda 2000 in April 2005. I don't think Yamaha was in the market back then. I have considered switching to the Yamaha 2400 until I saw one at a show.

I can pick up the Honda at my side. I could probably carry one on each side.

The Yamaha has a double handle, so you hold it in front of you. My back will not tolerate that.

I tried carrying the Yamaha on my side by using one hand on one handle and that did not work well at all.

I think I can handle the weight of the Yamaha. I would just need to construct a handle replacement to convert it to a single handle generator.