TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > Dealers and Deals made
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
gaheckmann

Angry Car Show in Colorado Springs, CO, to close

Hello all! This is Kate from The Car Show in beautiful Colorado Springs!

David and I heard about the discussions going on here and decided we ought to join in and let you all know what’s happening with us!

The Car Show is still open for business. Our decision to close has nothing to do with TrailManor Manufacturing. The factory is still building trailers and will no doubt seek to put another dealer in place after we retire.

As for the two of us, we have decided it is high time we stop working nearly all of our waking hours. We are not making this decision because we’re not doing well. Altho’ the last couple years have been rough for us personally, we’ve made it through and are looking forward to enjoying some time off, for a change. (And to taking some time to camp in our own TrailManor!)

Thank you all so very much for your support these many years. We’ve truly enjoyed our time serving you!

We wish you all the best and “happy camping!”

David & Kate
Old 07-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Hi Dave / Kate,

When is TCS closing? (effective immediately, or some date in the future)?

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

I called the Car Show today (was hoping to get a tune up done before they are done). The lady at the desk says their target date is August 1. One of the drivers of this date may be Will apparently. I was informed that Will was really doing this (working there) for his dad, and that his new career (something COMPLETELY different) starts on August 1.

I did try to speak with him, but was told that he was on the far end of the lot (working on a trailer).

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
Splash

Default The Car Show - shot in the dark

I know they went out of business 3 years ago but I have a really tough TrailManor VIN issue related to The Car Show in CO Springs (where we bought our new 3023 TrailManor back in 2001).

---Kate or Dave (I think it was Dave... could have remembered that wrong) - are either of you still on this forum? If so, could you please please post a reply or message me? I swear I wouldn't if this weren't the darnedest of issues..

--- Does anyone know... did the paperwork from The Car Show get transferred to anyone else? Anyone buy them out?

--- If anyone has had Colorado VIN issues with a TM from TCS and feels like chatting with me, please reply so I can contact you.

Right now I have a 3000lb paperweight (at least it's lightweight and can be towed like a feather!).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marsha
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I think a few years ago there was someone on this form that had a vin on the title that was slightly different than the vin on the camper. I think they discovered it when they were selling the camper.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
kengiesige
Site Sponsor

There is another TM. dealer in Colorado it's in Englewood Co. here is there Info.
it's called Auto RV America 4955 So. Broadway Englewood Co. 720-246-9000 I went to get some parts for my TM this summer they said they have been selling a lot of TM's they sell new & used Tm's-----Ken
Rear step & Front 2" Ball
kengiesige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
Splash

Thank you both for the replies.

tentcamper, I was able to search on the forums for the Vin problem and will now pursue information on that thread. You have an incredible memory!
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #8
Jampcourt

Default New Dealership in Colorado Springs (Denver one no longer TM)

I just picked up my TM from Van City RV in Colorado Springs yesterday, and it was worked on by Victor who used to work for the Car Show in the same city before they closed. It sounds like it was Victor that suggested they pick up the dealership for TM as the one in Denver (on South Broadway) must not have been working out for TM, and they were dropped as a dealer when Van City RV took over. I drove down from Denver, and am glad I did, as knowing Victor was working there gave me a "warm and fuzzy feeling" I did not have at the old place in Denver. I have no garage where I live in Denver, and did not want to do some of the work I needed done outside. I had the top section of the bag seal (just across the roof line) replaced, a full systems check, torsion bar adjustment, and wheel bearings packed. Everything was done to our satisfaction, but it looks like our torsion bars will need to be replaced soon as they were adjusted as far as possible and it is still a bit difficult to open the front shell. Victor said some of the torsion bars around the time ours was built may not have been as well made as others (anyone heard this before), but said the ones the Hutterites are selling now are of better quality. I will probably have them replaced next spring.

Van City RV's address is 1426 Selix Grove, Colorado Springs, CO, 80915. Phone 719-377-6999. Van City RV has three other locations in the U.S., but it looks like the one in Colorado Springs is the only one trading in TMs right now.

Cheers to all, and happy camping!
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #9
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Interesting comment about the torsion bars. On my 2001 TM, the torsion bars used were designed for a TM with no awning, so the reason my torsion bars weren't lifting well enough was because I need a slightly thicker torsion bar (13/16 instead of 3/4", I believe). All other torsion bars are still working well with room to adjust.

You may wish to check to see what diameter torsion bar you have. If you have AC, you need the thicker torsion bars for sure. I'm not sure if they have thicker ones still, but I believe the awning without AC uses 13/16 on the door side, awning with AC uses 13/16 both sides. You can e-mail TM to verify the sizes for your particular TM.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #10
Jampcourt

Thanks Larry, I'll for sure check that out before I delve into replacing them (probably not until next winter or spring). If I need more info I'll do it in a different thread related to the torsion bars, just wondered if anyone else had heard about some being weaker than others when manufactured, but it is off topic here!
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote