TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #1
smile711

Default Future TM Owner questions

Hello.

We've seen several Trailmanors at RV shows, but have been by Lake City, TN many, many times without even knowing a plant was there!

My wife and I anticipate taking frequent short 2-3 day vacations and two or three 1 week camping trips per year and want to get into the TM 2720SL. My questions may seem lame since I'm not an experienced camper, but I need to start somewhere.

1. We'll be towing with a 3.3L Toyota Sienna. Anyone else using one like that to tow a TM? What is it like? We ave. about 22-23 mpg hwy right now, no trailer.

2. I noticed it comes with a Gas furnace. If you camp at camprgrounds that have AC available, it would seem more cost effective to have a furnace that could go AC OR propane. Do they make one that fits this TM, and can the factory put one in when it's ordered?

3. I noticed from pictures that there aren't too many shelves or cabinets. That's no doubt because the unit collapses. But here are my 2 biggest cabinet/shelf questions:

* Is there a way to install a bracket on one of the walls where I can mount a swivel LCD flat-panel TV? No sense in lugging a CRT television around anymore! But I don't want to put it on my eating table either. Anyone have ideas here?

* My wife would like a regular oven, PLUS a separate 3rd party microwave (we already have a nice one we could use). Is there somewhere it could be MOUNTED as opposed to set on a countertop and put up/down/up/down every time you set up or collapse the TM to travel? I'm not sure I see a lot of wall space to put one. She'd give up overhead storage to mount a microwave if it comes to that.

I read in the "features" that TM uses a laminated floor. Is that the same type material as the laminate floors you see being put in lots of new homes with the "wood look?" They're supposed to wear better than the Congoleum floors I've seen in other RVs. Anyone know more details on this?

Finally, we want to store it under some sort of cover, preferably metal. Most are super TALL (about 8-9ft.), so I can see lots of wind, debris, and rain kicking up in there. That's why I think a nice short metal cover would be best. Does anyone know of a DIY kit for a cover that is suitable for a collapsed TM camper?

I look forward to hearing from experienced campers, especially TrailManor owners! Thanks so much.