TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Is your head on the door side or bathroom side when you sleep?
17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Do you sleep with your head on the door side?

When we got our TM, it just seemed natural that we would sleep with our heads on the door side (with the window) and we've always slept that way (in the rear bed).

My daughter has alternated between door side and bathroom side in the front bed, and now chooses the door side.

Son has always slept in the dinette bed with his head at the door side.

Some posts here have made me think that others sleep in the other direction and it surprised me to think that others would sleep that way.
B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
kdrickard
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Do you sleep with your head on the door side?

[quote author=B_and_D link=board=1;threadid=1950;start=msg13787#msg13787 date=1085456959]
Some posts here have made me think that others sleep in the other direction and it surprised me to think that others would sleep that way.
[/quote]

My wife and I sleep in the front bed with heads towards the bathroom side. The kids are in the back queen with their heads towards the front of the TM (hitch end) perpendicular with us. Maybe we are just rebels? ??? 8)
kdrickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
doug and antonea

We've slept with our heads toward the bathroom side. On this last trip we used the toilet in the TM full time. On the second night my lovely wife had us sleeping with our heads toward the door at the other end of the TM. I found out that I should have been using 8 instead of 4 ounces of the thetford chemical. Amazing what can be learned by reading the directions on the side of the package. Maybe next trip we will be back in the big bed.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I guess whatever works is best for you!

Our TM bathroom wall has kind of a gap in the corner by the rear bed, so it seemed like whoever was in the bathroom would get more privacy if we had our feet at that end.

Our kids are too big now to sleep perpendicular in the beds (or together), but they didn't used to be!

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
kempert
Site Sponsor

I sleep in the rear of my TM. Since I like to read for a few minutes before I go to sleep, I sleep this way because there is a light on the door side only.
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
azroadrunner

Neither. We sleep with our heads to the rear of the TM in our 3124KS. That way no one has to crawl over the other to get out of bed.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
jniles

[quote author=azroadrunner link=board=1;threadid=1950;start=msg13824#msg13824 date=1085631913]
Neither. We sleep with our heads to the rear of the TM in our 3124KS. That way no one has to crawl over the other to get out of bed.
[/quote]

We do too.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #8
k_and_p_camping

The deciding factor in getting a 3124 instead of a smaller version was so we didn't have to crawl over each other getting out of bed. Our very first pop-up in 1985 had that problem, and when we upgraded to another one in 89 I made sure I'd never have to do that again!

Pam
Old 05-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #9
Larry_Loo

My wife and I sleep in the king size bed located in the rear of our 3124KS. The access to this bed is via the narrow entranceway between bathroom on one side and clothes cabinet on the other. We sleep with our heads to the rear of the TM. That way in case one of us wants to get out of bed at night, it will mean crawling over the others feet, not head. Also, we feel that it's better for us to sleep with our noses away from our bathroom (although the Thetford Blue does a fine job of supressing the smell)
Old 05-31-2004, 09:12 PM   #10
rotor_wash
Site Sponsor

'Nuther vote for rear for the 3124KS for the above reasons.
Greg
rotor_wash is offline   Reply With Quote