TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Default Electric slideout

Do they still offer the electric slide out option and if yes, how do customers feel about it? Do the propane tanks lie down for that? Do you always keep them down or do you need to bring them back up for towing?
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Not sure about the powered option, but the propane tanks are horizontally mounted and are manufactured to be that way. They remain horizontal all of the time.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

My 2417KS that I ordered in January came with an electric slide. As far as I know, all are electric now.

I don't know of any complaints about the electric slide. Mine seems to be fine. I have no complaints. It works, and is not unstable.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Great!!
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
Jampcourt

Red face Electric Slide

We are newbies to TM's, and on our second trip out we managed to break the slide switch.....believe me, it is not fun to manually pull out the slide, nor to push it back in, but we managed!

We love having the extra room provided by a slide, and under normal circumstances, ours works very well. We just wanted to warn others that the placement of the switch may not be the best.....we must have bumped the it when we were opening or closing the door at setup, as there is little clearance between the door and switch. Although it was an easy fix (Will at The Car Show had a spare on hand), we will be most attentive in the future!

Thanks for the rest of the invaluable info we have picked up on the forum. Happy and safe traveling, all.
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Just a note but think only models with the slide (S,D suffix) have the horizontal tanks, the Bed (B) version has vertical tanks.

Usually alone and need to do a shimmy to get the slide out, suspect I need to get under and lube everything. Does regular axle grease work or is something else better ?