TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
clown9644

Default Who has the Powered Dolly for sale??

A couple of months ago someone posted that they had a powered dolly for sale but I cannot find it. I own a 3023 and have about 700 lb tongue weight. I tried a winch and not happy, very slow and needs lots of rests or it overheats. If you have one contact me, maybe we can get together.

Dave
Old 06-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
happybeebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown9644 View Post
A couple of months ago someone posted that they had a powered dolly for sale but I cannot find it. I own a 3023 and have about 700 lb tongue weight. I tried a winch and not happy, very slow and needs lots of rests or it overheats. If you have one contact me, maybe we can get together.

Dave
Dave:
This is under the "front hitch on my TV" thread. My posting has the pictures if you are interested. It has worked great.

Just had this done to my TV if anyone is interested.
Jerry's Rv in Bend welded a 2" receiver to my TV which does not quite reach the front of the bumper It Cost $32 dollars for the receiver and $47 dollars for the welding. They cut a square in the air deflector underneath the bumper so it would pass through it to be welded to the frame
For $20 dollars I then bought a 12" hitch extender at Harbor Freight.
I already had a 14" hitch and ball so no charge there.
So for $100 dollars versus the cost of the electric tow dolly it was a no brainer.I had it put on the right side of the TV because it gives me a good look down the TM when pushing it in the garage. As there is now a 26" hitch bar the only thing I do for right now is get the DW to make sure I don't put it through the back wall. Very easy to do.

Bob
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
clown9644

Oh how I wish I could. I do not have the space to turn the 90 degrees with the TV and TM, that is why I need a dolly or winch. I can get it close by backing but my drive is very close to neighbor and it is a full turn that the truck can just make, without a camper attached, front or rear.
Thanks for getting back though.
Dave