TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
T and C
TrailManor Master

Default Sore back

In another thread, here, http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=12579&page=2,

JudyGuttierez said that she gets a backache from the king sized bed in back.

Our TM is a 2008 model 3023 that we bought used. Both the queen sized bed in back and the double have a soft spot where your hips are at night. This is in the middle of the bed, not out at the edges.

When I sleep on either bed, especially in the back one, I frequently get a back ache and also sometimes wake up with a leg cramp.

This does not happen at home, so the mattresses must be causing it. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how have you addressed it?

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
JudyGutierrez

Tom, we towed our TM from Colorado to California and stayed about 4 nights in it then, each night the bed just killed my back....interestingly enough, my husband has a worse back than mine and it doesn't bother him much at all - go figure! Then this past weekend when it happened again, I tried the couch bed and it felt so much better.....I am going to try the 2" foam topper have on our home bed to see if that helps like others have suggested, I am thinking I can roll it or fold it up and put it in the underbed storage locker with my 10 pillows (I use these along the edges of the bed for draft blocking and coziness)...if anyone else has other suggestions would love to hear them too!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
TravlinOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyGutierrez View Post
...I am going to try the 2" foam topper have on our home bed to see if that helps like others have suggested, I am thinking I can roll it or fold it up and put it in the underbed storage locker with my 10 pillows (I use these along the edges of the bed for draft blocking and coziness)...if anyone else has other suggestions would love to hear them too!
We added the topper and like it. We cut the topper in half (head to foot) and use ties to keep each rolled half as compact as possible for storage. Works for us. Good luck - noting worse than lack of sleep and pain in the mornings!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

We have a 2" topper on ours too, and it really helps with my back. We don't remove ours at all we just leave it on top and it doesn't seem to interfere with the closing.

I am quite sure that you will find a significant improvement with a foam topper.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote