TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default TM Factory installed TV

I just purchased a 2007 3124 with a factory installed TV. It is somehow run through the radio. I have been unable to get the TV to work. I realize that it is only Analog (NTSC) but it doesn't work with the analog cable at the campgrounds. The manuals suck, must have been translated many many times. Has anyone had any luck with the built in TV????
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Shandysplace

Default Factory Installed TV

We just traded in our 3326 for a new '11 Elkmont 26. In the 3326 we had the factory installed option with the TV monitor in the bathroom wall and the Fahrenheit AM/FM radio-TV-CD-DVD unit over the fridge. This reply assumes you have the same set up.

Underneath the monitor in the bathroom wall should be the monitor on/off switch and the infra red pick up for the monitor remote. You'll also need the remote for the radio-TV-CD/DVD unit as well.

With both the monitor and player unit over the fridge on, open the front of the player and insert a DVD. Give the DVD time to load. If both your player and monitor are functioning properly, the movie should begin playing. If not, then either the monitor and/or the radio/player are defective.

As bad as you say the instructions are, they should be sufficient to access the other features if the movie is playing properly. With your Winegard antenna raised and the green light on (at the end of the counter, you should see the cable connection and the black button and green light for the antenna amplifier). The green light must be on to be able to get TV reception from the Winegard. Unless you have line-of-sight to a local TV transmitter, reception will be poor or non-existent.

With your TM connected to campground cable, you must scan for the available channels in order to receive cable. Understand we don't have the instruction book in front of us, but I recall a 'scan' button on the remote and details of how to do it in the book.

TM discontinued selling the option because of all the problems owners were having w/it.

Here are some suggestions for additional help: Ed Lytle at the TM factory ([email protected]); Matt Thacker at Custom RV ([email protected]), Anaheim who has extensive experience troubleshooting issues w/this unit including replacing it w/a more reliable and better performing model. Understand that Custom RV is the 2nd largest TM dealer in the US in unit sales, so don't be disappointed if they're slow getting back to you. You might have better luck calling them at 877-631-4278.

Hope we were able to help.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandysplace View Post
We just traded in our 3326 for a new '11 Elkmont 26. In the 3326 we had the factory installed option with the TV monitor in the bathroom wall and the Fahrenheit AM/FM radio-TV-CD-DVD unit over the fridge. This reply assumes you have the same set up.

Matt Thacker at Custom RV ([email protected]), Anaheim who has extensive experience troubleshooting issues w/this unit including replacing it w/a more reliable and better performing model.
Does Your Model Farenheit Have The Digital Tv Receiver Or Just The analog Receiver??

What Model Are They Using Now?

I Need To Upgrade My Unit To Digital Reception
Old 11-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Tm tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocntry View Post
Does Your Model Farenheit Have The Digital Tv Receiver Or Just The analog Receiver??

What Model Are They Using Now?

I Need To Upgrade My Unit To Digital Reception
I have an ANALOG model (DVD-29T):. I need to check out what TrailManor is using now and how hard it is to change over. The radio (AM & FM) and DVD works great but the TV doesn't work even on analog cable. I can only receive 3 or 4 stations on a 60 channel cable. Looks like a loose wire somewhere. Let me know what you find about a replacement.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When you are hooked up to analog cable, are you sure that a) the little green light on the TV socket panel is off, and b) the TV is set to tune cable channels, not over-the-air channels?

When you are in a campground with an analog cable connector at the post, it is worth running a piece of coax directly from the post to your television, bypassing all the connections inside the TM.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Tm tv

Bill,
This is a special setup for the 2007 with a Trailmanor factory installed TV. That setup is now obsolete Per ED at TrailManor. I connected the cable directly to the receiver with the same results. Looks like the Farenheit TV receiver is dead. I would like to have a digital receiver so maybe I'll scrap this Farenheit mess and get something that works.

I have a TV at home that I'll try when I get there (or maybe next spring). This way I can verify that all the wiring and connections are correct.

Thanks to all that responded,
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
T and C
TrailManor Master

Hi there,

I just returned from an 11 day, 2000 mile trip. While staying in two different campgrounds I hooked up the cable connection on the driver's side to the campground cable outlet.

The tv worked fine....except....it only displayed anything on channels 2-13!

Everything else just showed a blue screen and the words, "No Signal". This was in spite of the cable having over 50 channels on it.

Anyone know why?

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and C View Post
Hi there,

I just returned from an 11 day, 2000 mile trip. While staying in two different campgrounds I hooked up the cable connection on the driver's side to the campground cable outlet.

The tv worked fine....except....it only displayed anything on channels 2-13!

Everything else just showed a blue screen and the words, "No Signal". This was in spite of the cable having over 50 channels on it.

Anyone know why?

Tom
I may be wrong but it sounds like you have an analog TV and the areas that you were in may have had analog broadcasting on the local channels (Not so in SoCal.....all digital).
Old 11-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Tom, What kind of tuner is in the tv?

I have a newer flatscreen that i use in the TM and it has a combined Digital/Analog tuner in it. It's still kinda a pain since (Depending on what is available in the campground) i have to select either OTA-TV for antenna and Cable for campground cable in the tuner and let the tuner scan for available channels. Once it's finished scanning though, i have been getting all available channels.

Tim
Old 11-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tim is right. Channels 2-13 are the same on over-the-air as they are on cable. Channel 14 and up are different, and if your TV is set for one, it won't receive - won't even find - the other. Wherever you have cable TV service, as in a campground, you must figure out how to set your TV for the cable channels, as opposed to the over-the-air (aka broadcast) channels. It is somewhere in the setup menu for your TV.

None of this has anything to do with analog vs digital, which is a whole 'nuther layer of complication.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote