TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
gcubed

Default Just bought my trailmanor :)

My wife and I just picked up a 2007 2619, and have taken our first trip to the sequoias with the kids. I was a bit nervous pulling a trailer for the first time, but it was well worth it. Only a few things need to be modded when I get home. I have a leaky gray water tank, the side door swings open, and I have to find storage for the awning parts. Other then that the trip went great!! My Odyssey pulled the trailer like a champ. We visited the Crystal Cave and the Giant Forest. I have been to the sequoias a number of times and never realized that there was a cave there. It is well worth the trip if you don't mind the 15 minute hike down.

Thanks again for all the answers to my questions prior to my purchase. Now I have to get to modding the camper. Was thinking about adding a non-recirculating toilet using gray water to flush instead of fresh.

-Gregg
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congrats on your "new" TM! We keep our awning parts (the crank and the middle support) under the front bed mattress.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcubed View Post
My wife and I just picked up a 2007 2619, and have taken our first trip to the sequoias with the kids. I was a bit nervous pulling a trailer for the first time, but it was well worth it. Only a few things need to be modded when I get home. I have a leaky gray water tank, the side door swings open, and I have to find storage for the awning parts. Other then that the trip went great!! My Odyssey pulled the trailer like a champ. We visited the Crystal Cave and the Giant Forest. I have been to the sequoias a number of times and never realized that there was a cave there. It is well worth the trip if you don't mind the 15 minute hike down.

Thanks again for all the answers to my questions prior to my purchase. Now I have to get to modding the camper. Was thinking about adding a non-recirculating toilet using gray water to flush instead of fresh.

-Gregg
After a few trips we got used to the re-circulating toilet. And it worked well. I would not use the grey water to flush. In all my years and types of RV's I found the Grey water had the stronger order.

John
Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wahlsten View Post
After a few trips we got used to the re-circulating toilet. And it worked well. I would not use the grey water to flush. In all my years and types of RV's I found the Grey water had the stronger order.

John
With a non recirculating toilet, and no room for a black tank, then you would still have a recirculating toilet. It would just be recirculating through the grey water tank.

I would not do that.

What is wrong with the current recirculating toilet? It works fine for me. I hav not problems with it. My wife would rather use the Thetford than to use the vault toilets in the campgrounds, or behind a bush in the woods.

It is very rare for us to ever have access to flush toilets, and I don't have any room left in the TM.

When properly used, there is no odor from the Thetford, so why take it out. I have never understood the logic behind that idea.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I have to second PopBeavers' opinion. I did have some issue with (a) a mispositioned screen -- likely due to error on the part of the serviceman who "fixed" it last year, and (b) the vinyl skirt. Both issues are fixed, and the Thetford v.2 is really quite nice to use now. No odor, no issues. And yes, we use it for "both" purposes.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote