TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-28-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
Rene_R

Default Finally a TM Owner

Well, we are finally proud owners of a 2004 2720. Ordered June 8, arrived at Custom RV in Anaheim on July 21, and picked up July 26.

Walk through, etc. took about three hours, the same as the drive back home thanks to LA traffic. :P Our TV is a 2003 Tahoe, and we decided to go with a weight distribution hitch, which Scott installed in about 20 minutes.

Many of our neighbors have come over to check out the rather large tent trailer type object in our driveway. As many of you have pointed out, they are amazed by everything about it. How it sets up, how roomy the interior is, the fact that it has a bathroom , etc.

We can hardly wait to use it next weekend!
Old 07-28-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
CC_Turtle

Default Re:Finally a TM Owner

;D congrats! we are patiently (not) waiting for our TM.. which we ordered from custom rv on june 25th... good luck on your first trip out!

teresa
Old 07-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #3
ColoradoCop

Congratulations, Happy TM Camping.

ColoradoCop
Old 07-29-2003, 02:47 PM   #4
arknoah

Welcome to our Club, and enjoy your new toy!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:10 PM   #5
aulii

Congratulations!

We're hoping to purchase a 2720 in the not-too-distant future too. While I'm thinking of it, can anyone tell me exactly how long the 2720 is including the tongue? We're hoping to store it on the driveway, but have to be careful not to obstruct the sidewalk. Thanks!

Paul
Old 07-29-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

PAUL

The 2720 is 20'3" closed, and it is 23'11" open. Hope this helps. Don't forget you can order the swing away tongue which will cut 2 feet off the length.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:01 PM   #7
CC_Turtle

Hi,

on the brochere.. it states that the body length open is 21'3", but the 'equivalent travel trailer size - open' is 27'.. what is the difference? ??? the answer is probably something very obvious.. but i can't think of it!

thanks!
Old 07-30-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
arknoah

The whole body length thing has always bothered me about the RV industry. Basically, the length of the trailer is the total length from the edge of the rear bumper to the very forward tip of the hitch. Obviously, when you measure this way, a goodly chunk, like three and a half feet, is space that is not generally used. So my 3225 Trailmanor is 25 feet long from rear bumper to hitch, though I can't use probably three and a half to four feet of the length. However, this is also the case for other manufacturers' 25 foot trailers. But, when you open our units and gain six or more feet of usable space in the front and rear beds, that gives you the approximate interior space equivalent to a 32 foot travel trailer, or so they say.

In some ways the whole length thing is just short of a scam by RV manufacturers, but since they all do it on just about the same basis, you aren't penalized by choosing any individual manufacturer.

Can you tell this has always bothered me....?
Old 07-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #9
CC_Turtle

thanks so much for the info.. i know understand.. you are right though... very confusing way to measure the trailer..

thanks!!!

Teresa
Old 07-30-2003, 07:41 PM   #10
Dolphin4

Enjoy your first trip this weekend! Let us know the details when you get back