TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
campersam9

Default Trailer?

We are going to look at a 2007 3124KS Saturday. Can anyone that owns a 3124KS tell me what they like and what they do not like? We do not even know what the awning is like. The awnings on my trailers were nothing like the one on our pop up.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

it is my favorite so far,
the amount of room, floor space, cabinet space, laying back in that king size bed and looking to the front, and it's 31 ft away, now that's some room.
concerns with this one,
weight on a single axle, tongue weight , must be aware of drag factor with length, and with the amount of room it is easy to overstock.
now the dw liked the smaller 2720, with the beds on each end, for what it's worth

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
campersam9

What WDH do you have? Do you have sway in windy weather? Any problems setting up. I had rain for 4 days coming home with a 24' pop up. That was not fun!!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

I use a Reese with 800 lbs bars , works fine, never any sway with wind or passing of big trucks , but also have a TV that's can handle it.
that's the grt thing about a tm , can set up and put away in the rain , as long as the awning is not out and wet, just like any other rv, packed up last trip in the rain, all was dry inside

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

We use a 600 lb reese wdh. The tm tracks so well, I stop using the sway controller. For a while I would bring the controller with me, but now it stays in the garage.

Only issue we have had with closing up in the rain is the curtains can get wet. We now carry two old towels and quickly wipe down the side if its wet.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #6
funpilot
TrailManor Master

As far as WDH and sway control is concerned, my dealer really likes the Blue Ox product as they get great factory support and excellent customer feedback (so they say). Only issue is whether it will fit on the electric slide out models as it needs 33 inches from the center of the ball back to mount on the frame and be usable. I have not gotten an answer on that yet.

Reviews on this product note the lack of noise and that you do not need to unhook it to back up. Videos make it look very easy to put on and off. Reese products do get a lot of traction on these forums though, so make sure to look at them as others have noted. I also wonder if the sway control would add extra stability if you have a tire failure?

http://blueox.com/p-1181-swaypro.aspx
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #7
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

I have been using a Blue Ox Pro since we bought the TM 2720 in 2011. It is the older style with rock over brackets on the TM frame rails. The new Pro uses a rotation style bracket. I borrowed the new style bracket from the dealer to see if they would fit, thinking that they would be easier to use than the ones with the bar style rock over. Guess what, they are larger and did not fit. That nixed that idea. So be careful. Call Blue Ox direct. They are extremely helpful. Good customer service. I'm personally very happy with the Blue Ox hitch. Hopes this helps.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
Reviews on this product note the lack of noise and that you do not need to unhook it to back up.
There are several things I like about the Blue Ox hitch. But I'm not sure I understand this. I have never unhooked in order to back up. If you unhook, how do you move the trailer? In fact, backing into a campsite or parking space is always listed as one of the first skills that a new owner needs to master.

[Edit]Aha. A little digging around shows that when Blue Ox says you don't have to unhook, they mean that you don't have to unhook the sway control - not the entire trailer. But a little further digging shows that you have to remove sway control only if you are using friction sway control - and no one does that, right? If you use something like the Reese Dual-Cam sway control, there is no need to remove.

See, for example, http://www.etrailer.com/question-9126.html. E-trailer sells the Blue Ox hitches, as well as the others, so they have no reason to mislead you.

So at best, Blue Ox is a bit disingenuous (some would call it misleading) when they make this claim. [/Edit]

Quote:
I also wonder if the sway control would add extra stability if you have a tire failure?
I've had a number of tire failures on my TMs. My personal experience is that there is no stability problem when a tire blows. The TM continues to track right along just as before. Not the slightest lurch or twitch. This can actually be a problem, since on one occasion I didn't even know I had a blown tire until someone came up beside and flagged me down.

Just my experience. Others might report a different experience.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #9
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwantau View Post
I have been using a Blue Ox Pro since we bought the TM 2720 in 2011. It is the older style with rock over brackets on the TM frame rails. The new Pro uses a rotation style bracket. I borrowed the new style bracket from the dealer to see if they would fit, thinking that they would be easier to use than the ones with the bar style rock over. Guess what, they are larger and did not fit. That nixed that idea. So be careful. Call Blue Ox direct. They are extremely helpful. Good customer service. I'm personally very happy with the Blue Ox hitch. Hopes this helps.
So, the new bracket would not fit the old model, but would the new model itself fit on a 3124 KD is still my open question. Bill, on backing up, I was referring to the fact that I really like that on the Blue Ox you do not have to remove the sway control like you do on the Reese. I saw that you must do that on a video. As for the blown tire issue, looks to me to have a remote tire pressure monitor on the TM would make real sense as I have read elsewhere.

Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

The bracket does fit the old model Blue Ox but since it is wider it does not fit the TX frame as there is not enough room especially if there is a swing hitch.

Hans

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote