TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
larsdennert

Default Washing the upholstery

Most of the seat covers and mattress covers come off readily but the seat backs have buttons all the way through. I managed to take an exacto knife and cut slits in the covers just big enough to button hole the buttons through on both sides. After washing, the covers slipped right back on and the buttons popped back through with no sign they were ever taken apart.

FYI
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

This reminds me....does anyone know if it is okay to scotch guard the micro fiber sofa and chair? Thanks!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
mgoblue911

Default Scotchgard on microfiber sofas

At the recommendation of the dealer that we purchased from, prior to using the TM for the first time, we applied Scotchgard to the sofas in our '07 3023. We are happy we did. The sofas "accepted" the application without incident, and we are convinced that it has "saved" us many times over. Our kids are 9 and 10, enough said, right?

By the way, we have the beautiful "red" fabric on ours, and love it. Sorry to the "haters" out there that prefer the 80's look of the prints (smile).
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Making buttonholes for those cushions is a great idea! We scotchguarded our dinette cushions when we bought our TM 4 years ago (not microfiber), but they're starting to look like a bit of cleaning might be in order. I really think the scotchguard helps keep them looking cleaner.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue911 View Post
At the recommendation of the dealer that we purchased from, prior to using the TM for the first time, we applied Scotchgard to the sofas in our '07 3023. We are happy we did. The sofas "accepted" the application without incident, and we are convinced that it has "saved" us many times over. Our kids are 9 and 10, enough said, right?

By the way, we have the beautiful "red" fabric on ours, and love it. Sorry to the "haters" out there that prefer the 80's look of the prints (smile).
Thank you for the response! I got one with the tan micro fiber...but I do like the red too. I think it is very cheerful...when I first saw it...I said WOW!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
SneakyFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert View Post
Most of the seat covers and mattress covers come off readily but the seat backs have buttons all the way through. I managed to take an exacto knife and cut slits in the covers just big enough to button hole the buttons through on both sides. After washing, the covers slipped right back on and the buttons popped back through with no sign they were ever taken apart.

FYI
I am going to try another way around the buttons... cutting the single thread that holds the two buttons on each side of the cushion, then sewing them back on.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
larsdennert

If you going thru that work.,consider putting hooks on for quick removal of the buttons.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
SneakyFrog

oh, that's a great idea!