TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
flipflop

Default Cheaper parts to reduce production cost?

Hi. New 2008 2619 owner, was originally bought from Car Show, still has the sticker on it.

I hope Trailmanor & Co will continue to do well. Beautiful product. We'd been looking at hardside expandables to replace the Kodiak 172E hybrid. Of course there's only two that I could find - Trailmanor and HiLo.

It's the high initial cost I suppose that limits their new sales and they have a stigma like they're a canvas-side popup.

Dare I say they need to 'cheapen' the product. Put cheaper cabinetry into it for one thing, and instead of the fiberglass underbelly leave the frame exposed but use sprayfoam insulation in there and use a plastic cover over the sprayfoam like the Kodiak hybrids.

It cheapens the product quality, but it cheapens the cost out the door to the buyer.

Trailmanor doesn't need the highest quality interiors, their product is a unique niche that appeals to many buyers, but they have to get the initial cost down.

By the way, we love this 2619, been wanting one but they're dang hard to find locally.
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote