TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Catawbalea

Default Safe-T-Alert blinking light

On the last two camping trips we took we were concerned about a blinking blue light on the Safe-T-Alert below the sink on the bathroom wall near the floor. Why does it blink? The CO light is a blue light. Both times after checking fixtures and finding no info in the guides, we moved a broom and it stopped blinking and was solid blue which stays that way for the rest of the trip. Now, I know the broom had nothing to do with it. Could it be that the light blinks for a set amount of time, about 10-15 minutes, and then becomes steady? We don't know what to think.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
pbuck1

Not familiar with this particular model but other safe-T-Alert devices have a green light which flashes when it is muted, then goes solid when the mute cycle is over. Could something be pressing the test/mute button (if there is one)? A broom perhaps?

-Paul
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Catawbalea

What is a mute cycle? The test/mute button was pressed by us while we tried to stop the blinking. Nothing changed. The light may have been green as one of us remembers it that way.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
pbuck1

When the mute button is pressed , the mute is on a two-minute timer. The LED flashes green if as long as there is no more gas detected (is red if there is) and then goes back to solid green when the 2 minutes is up. This however is for a propane gas detector not a CO detector, but maybe is similar.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:18 AM   #5
Catawbalea

So, could it be that the CO detector starts checking for CO problems when the TM is initially hooked up. Finding none it then becomes a steady light? Then is a red light there, not on. Thanks for your replies.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
pbuck1

Yes, red for the propane detector (muiltiple colors are possible within the same LED). Dunno for the CO detector, but could be. What is your detector model number? Maybe we can find a user manual on the web somewhere?
Is your TM accesible/open so you can test out these scenarios?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
Catawbalea

Our TM is not down but is disconnected both from electricity and fuse of the battery is out.
I wrote down everything on the plate and no number was there. It is a combo CO/Propane. Green is On, Red is alarm, re/green = replace/check voltage. I am to test it weekly and reset the alarm which will not operate without power. Additional instructions are on the back. I am not going to remove it to see the additional ? for fear of not putting it back right. I am to read the owners manual before installing and I don't have one.
I found the website and requested information and a manual. We will see how prompt they are. Nothing was mentioned about blinking lights.
Thanks again for your concern and help.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
Catawbalea

I sent a message to MTI, Safe-T-Alert and first thing Monday morning I had a reply. I sent them a picture as I couldn't find the model number. Below I will try to paste their answer. The manual was sent and I've saved it and printed it out.

" When you hook to power you will get a flashing green light for about 10 minutes. That is the warm up period then it will go to a solid green light. If you are getting a red/green light with a beep every 15 seconds then the most common reason for that is a low 12 volt battery. The detector does not have a battery inside. If you are getting the red light and an alarm then that is telling you there is a carbon monoxide problem. I have attached a copy of the owner's manual and it will help you with all your questions.
Just so you know the model number 70-742 is on the back of the detector.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Chris Berezowski
MTI Industries
800-383-0269"

They were great to help me so quickly.