TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2003, 09:09 AM   #1
Windbreaker

Default TrailBlazers Rallies

I was just wondering if it would be possible or even desirable for there to be an area here or else where for host of up coming rallies to post information about the rallies they plan to host.

Also if all Trailblazer rallies are open to all members or just to the chapter that books the rally?

In looking over the list of rallies I noted that those in Colorado have weekly or monthly rallies while the rest of us try for two a year. Is more better?

Do most groups try to have things for attendees to do, other than eat and talk?

Has anyone ever tried a "road trip" type rally?

What about a themed rally? (western, water sports, hiking, bird watching)

Does anyone put up web pages about up coming rallies?

Has anyone ever tried a city based rally where they can get group rates to city attractions?

If a chapter were hosting a themed rally that you thought you would be really interested in, how far would travel to go?

Are week long rallies out of the question? If there is lots to do where the rally is being held.

What about rallies at major events like NASCAR, state fairs, music fest, etc.?
Old 09-30-2003, 11:53 AM   #2
Chris_Bauer

Default Re:TrailBlazers Rallies

I know that the South Central chapter is having a rally Oct. 10 in Mission, TX. I am not a member but as far as I am aware, it is open to all. I am planning to attend.

Chris Bauer
Old 09-30-2003, 03:41 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

[quote author=Windbreaker link=board=1;threadid=1377;start=msg9713#msg9713 date=1064934597]... Has anyone ever tried a "road trip" type rally?[/quote]
Windy - are you referring to a Wally Byam-type caravan rally? My folks owned two or three Airstreams over the course of 30 years. They took part in a Wally Byam caravan at least every other year, and had a wonderful time. From their home in New England, they went to Alaska, Yosemite and the Sierras, Yellowstone/Montana/Wyoming, Waterton-Glacier Parks, as well as much shorter caravans to Cape Cod, the Berkshires, and so forth.

I don't even know if Airstream-type Caravans take place any more - Airstream is a different company, in fact. And I am not your basic joiner. But if there were a similar trip planned for TM owners, I might very well take part.

By the way, does everyone recognize the term "Wally Byam caravan?"

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 03:53 PM   #4
Moonshot

Bill,

I was a WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International) member about 7 years ago.

The club is still around and still holds rallies. I think membership is on the upswing too, especially among the vintage AS (pre-1978) owners.

Scott
Old 09-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #5
Gene

[quote author=Windbreaker link=board=1;threadid=1377;start=msg9713#msg9713 date=1064934597]
I was just wondering if it would be possible or even desirable for there to be an area here or else where for host of up coming rallies to post information about the rallies they plan to host.

Also if all Trailblazer rallies are open to all members or just to the chapter that books the rally?

In looking over the list of rallies I noted that those in Colorado have weekly or monthly rallies while the rest of us try for two a year. Is more better?

Do most groups try to have things for attendees to do, other than eat and talk?

Has anyone ever tried a "road trip" type rally?

What about a themed rally? (western, water sports, hiking, bird watching)

Does anyone put up web pages about up coming rallies?

Has anyone ever tried a city based rally where they can get group rates to city attractions?

If a chapter were hosting a themed rally that you thought you would be really interested in, how far would travel to go?

Are week long rallies out of the question? If there is lots to do where the rally is being held.

What about rallies at major events like NASCAR, state fairs, music fest, etc.?

[/quote]

Anyone from any chapter can attend any other chapter rally. A host can organize a chapter rally with whatever events he or she chooses. A few years ago, a TrailBlazer rally was organized to travel from Arizona to Mexico (Purto Prince or some similar sounding name). it lasted for a week. In fact, it was done again, I think, the following year.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Windbreaker

Bill, yes, that is just what I was thinking of. Also maybe a poker run type thing like the motorcycle clubs have. And I'm with you I'd join a road trip just about anytime. Maybe we could meet in Colorado and then go north/east/south/west from there. (Colorado because it is in the middle of the country.)

The whole question was to start dialog on the topic to see if we could get more interesting rallies. I’m planning on hosting one for the fall of ’04 but I’m breaking all the rules in doing so.
First it will be near a big holyday. Second we’ll not be serving coffee every morning. And we would like for folks to come for just a little over a week so they could at least have a shot at all the cool things to do in the area.

Basically I was just wondering if it is going to be a big flop I guess.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:42 PM   #7
Windbreaker

Chris, Yea I know, I'm a member and saw that not too many members are going that is what prompted the questions. I was thinking that if there were lots to do in an area that more would go.

I think the guide lines say select good parks that others don't know about or may not have tried. We've only been members a year and went to two rallies. The first was great, loved the area where the second was held (park was right on a busy highway and we did not sleep well).

I was just thinking that if they were themed or road trips or something more folks would try them.

There are lots of members that don't go to any. Could be as Ray said, all they do is eat and talk. Who knows?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
Windbreaker

Eugene, too bad I wasn't a member then we would have been there with bells on. Sounds like Fun!