TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
coyotejoe

Default Winterizing/Drain Valves

I just got my 2006 3124KB a few days ago, and I have a question about the drain valves.

Three of my drain valves match (1 front, 2 rear), but one of the front valves is different (clear with a multi-turn valve) and nothing came out of it when I drained my tanks.

What is this "different" valve for? It comes into the TM just fore of the 40 gallon fresh water tank, but I can't tell what it's for.

TIA!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
PopBeavers

I often wondered that myself. The one odd valve drips a little, maybe a quarter int in 24 hours, probably less. The other three do not drip at all.

My initial reaction is that the one odd valve is inferior in quality, but perhaps I am just an isolated case.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:34 AM   #3
PopBeavers

Drips when closed, pours when open.

It did not drip at all until after one full year.

I just tried flushing it this weekend. I filled the 40 gallon tank and let several gallons pour out the valve. I also opened and closed it numerous times. It still drips. Slowly, but it sure makes a mess in the garage. I should put a bucket under it.

This particular valve appears to be a standard valve available at any hardware store. It is attached to a clear hose with a stainless steel host clamp. RSN (Real Soon Now) I will just replace it.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
coyotejoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers
My initial reaction is that the one odd valve is inferior in quality, but perhaps I am just an isolated case.
I feel the same, that valve is not of the same quality as the others.

No water comes out of mine open or closed, even when the 40-gallon tank is completely full.

On my TM, it's the valve right next to the odd valve that drains the tank. Is the odd valve maybe an air release valve to help the tank drain faster (to relieve pressure)? This doesn't seem right, though, since you are supposed to open all the faucets for just this reason...

I'll post some inside & outside photos later.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
Freedom

Could it be the valve for draining the pump? I believe my 2000 2619 has a valve for that and I think I had to turn the pump on to have it drain. My TM is stored right now or I would check. Also, one valve drained really slowly so I put a small drill bit up it (manually not with a drill) and it drained well after that - just had gunk that had gotten in there.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #6
coyotejoe

Default $*&?#^@#!!!!!

Well, I found the problem with mine; the tank drain valve hose is kinked in two places, so I was draining through the pump. Is that going to hurt anything?

I just got my TM last Friday (April 21st, 2006), so I'm going to call my dealer today and see about taking it in for repair.

In the photo of the valves below, the valve on the right is the suspicious valve. The other two pics show the kinked hose.

Out of curiosity, will the tank drain faster with the pump on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TMHose1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1102   Click image for larger version

Name:	TMHose2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1103   Click image for larger version

Name:	TMHose3.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1104  
Old 04-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

No it will not hurt the pump!! And the pump is to pressurize the out going water,the valve is to drain the water out of the tank!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejoe
Out of curiosity, will the tank drain faster with the pump on?
In an effort to clean out my valve, I left only the dripping valve open and turned on the pump. The water cam out noticeably faster. I was reluctant to let it run unattended for fear of what would happen to the pump when the water ran out.

I think I'll just go to ACE hardware and buy another valve. It looks to be a pretty common type of valve.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
coyotejoe

I took my TM in for service and they found that the fresh water tank (40 gallon) had slid forward over the stop and pinched the tube.

They slid it back and intalled a larger stop so it won't happen again.

It works great now!