TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Redhorseman

Default Refer won't get cold, antenna won't pick up stations, AC too noisy and the beds shake

Other than those issues we love our TM 2619. It has most options offered in 2003 and still looks good. We are getting ready for the trip that prompted buying the TM in the first place... an around the country tour Fall or Spring. Our TV is a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 that can tow up to 9500# depending on various factors, but we still like the idea of staying small. First...
1) The Norcold refrigerator simply doesn't get cold... 55 degrees is about it all it has ever done and only then on 120VAC. I understand that on 12V it won't keep up and is just for transit. The gas hasn't worked at all, but just today, I began troubleshooting what it the problem could be. It could have been that the safety button was sticking partially on. It would light but not sustain a flame. When I switched manually from one nearly full take to the other it allowed me to light it for the first time. I don't know if it will cool better on gas, but I will know by tomorrow.
2) The antenna doesn't work since we've owned it. Raising and positioning the Wineguard antenna has no baring on the signal... in fact, pressing the "on" button on the outlet cover actually reduces the signal to zero. I suspect the antenna is amplified but is bad. Just don't know. Can't see a model number on the head... replacement heads are not that expensive, but hate to buy one if not needed. Suggestions! BTW, the outlet says "Wineguard 12V 8 Amp Max. Is that the power for the amp, or is the antenna non-amplified??? When you press the "on" button the green light comes on.
3) When we take grandchildren camping, we have noticed any movement in the other bed is transmitted to the other. Not being used to having ones bed sway and shake, it causes either or both of us to wake up. Any fix for this? I thought of constructing some kind of bracing (X bracing) below the bed to the ground. Anyone have this problem and have a solution or idea short of cutting the grands out of the fun. LOL!
4) AC noise. We have a Coleman 13.5K roof AC unit. The fan is very loud, can't carry on a conversation or hear the television (on rabbit ears) when it is running. When the compressor kicks in, it makes a substantial thump. Does anyone know if there is a unit that is substantially quieter than this one? I would certainly consider upgrading. Any ideas or thought on this problem.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all suggestions or comments.
Clint
PS: I also want to upgrade to either 14" load D rated tires or go with the 15 "D" rated tires before the adventure. I have read that 14 inch wheels might be rated to carry less than the "D" rated tires. Interesting! I would think the 15s would offer less rolling resistance since they can be inflated to a higher PSI... and the higher rating would give more peace of mind... plus one of my tires is old enough to deserve to be retired (no pun intended).
Old 07-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Jim&Joan

The reefer on gas - there is a bulletin about connection crimp fix that had the symptom of ' lights but won't hold the light.'

AC noise - have been to a few camp grounds where this is a positive feature.

Bed - I love it when my bed shakes ;-)
Old 07-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

All of the answers to your problems exist in the Technical Discussions area of the forum. Your access to this area expired 30 days after you joined the forum as a Trial Member and did not upgrade a Site Sponsor. I could post links to the relevant threads, but you still could not view them. Upgrade instructions can be found here:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Redhorseman

Jim&Joan,
According to mjlaupp, I need to upgrade my membership to see all the help available on the forum. Bed: I should have said "we don't like it shaking when it isn't supposed to be... (wink!). I agree that the fan noise can be a plus and the thump is something that I would get used with "use". Thanks for the reply and laugh!
Clint
Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Redhorseman

mjlaupp,
that explains alot. We will become full members... I just sent the webmaster an email.
Thanks,
Clint
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Jim&Joan

Default This might help

http://members.cox.net/k4gaa/NorcoldN300Kit.pdf
Old 07-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
PopBeavers

I have posted extensively on how I level and stabilize my TM. I'm too lazy to search for it.

When I am done:

1. The amount of sway is almost zero. If you can kick any of the four wheel chocks out with your foot, then they were not in tight enough.

2. I am level enough to fry an egg in the middle of a frying pan.

How I accomplish this is already posted.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
ng2951

If you are having problems with level, get one of those BAL levelers. Mine worked great on my 3326 while I still had it. I don't know if it will work on the new TH or not.

I agree, if you have the trailer's stabilizers down correctly the TM will not shake. If you are having trouble with leveling bring a bullet level with you when you level...