TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

WOW hard to believe a transporter would do something that irresponsible. I have seen pics of a boat but never two TMs

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
TrailGuy77

This discussion on sewer hoses and where to store them has got me thinking too! CRay60,I like your invention.TM really didn't make life easy for us when dry camping when they came out with the new plastic bumper.Fortunately for me I have a truck,so I can just throw the darn hose in the back of the truck after emptying the holding tanks.This is way easier than opening the TM to put the sewer hose in the bumper!

TrailGuy77

TM:2010 3023,Electric Tongue Jack
TV:2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8-Doug Thorley Headers,Gibson 2 1/2" Exhaust,Draw-Tite Brake Controller,Eaz-Lift 1000 LB WDH
Old 04-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
jchmel9719

ooooooh, That's what that area is for in my bumper. I have an 04 3124 and was thinking about adding one of these tubes....I guess I dont need to. I forgot my bumber has storage that would work.

What about these bolt-on receivers? I just want to add my receiver bike-rack. Where can I get a bolt-on receiver that works well with my TM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
Al-n-Sue

check out the Car Show in Colorado Springs. They have custom built receivers that are stronger than the ones from the factory.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailGuy77 View Post
This discussion on sewer hoses and where to store them has got me thinking too! TM really didn't make life easy for us when dry camping when they came out with the new plastic bumper. Fortunately I can just throw the darn hose in the back of the truck after emptying the holding tanks.This is way easier than opening the TM to put the sewer hose in the bumper!

TrailGuy77
TrailGuy -

T'ain't nearly that hard! On my TM, anyway, I just pop the rear corner latches, which allows rear shell to be lifted about 1/4 inch. This lets me slide the cover of the bumper compartment off, so the entire compartment, including the sewer hose, is readily accessible. When done, I drop the hose back in, slide the cover back on, relatch the corners, and I'm ready for the road! By the way, I keep a box of disposable latex gloves in the little area on the righthand end of the bumper compartment.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
TrailGuy77

Thanks for the suggestion Bill!

I still have some "Adjusting" to do with my new TM 3023.I have to admit that I do miss the 4" square bumper on my 2003 TM 2720SD.I could shove that sewer hose in there in an instant, which was really helpful prior to exiting a "BUSY" dump station @ a "BUSY" campground on a "BUSY" Sunday afternoon!

TrailGuy77

TM:2010 3023,Electric Tongue Jack
TV:2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8-Doug Thorley Headers,Gibson 2 1/2 " Exhaust,Draw-Tite Brake Controller,Eaz-Lift 1000 LB WDH
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
gmferg

I did something similar to the OPs install. I decided to mount mine right under the forward torsion bars. There's a large slot in the frame rails where the torsion bars go through. I drilled two 1/4" holes through the bottom of the frame rails so I could run 1/4" bolts through the plastic post and the frame and place nylock nuts on top. There are 4 bolts total, 2 on either end supporting the plastic post. In the pictures you can see where I marked the hole locations on the outer frame rail.

For the cap, I installed an eye-bolt on the end and ran a couple of small bungee cords through it. There are small holes on 2 sides of the post where I slipped the hooks through and bent them over so they can't slip out.

Six 1/2" holes are drilled along the bottom of the post to allow for drainage.

I discovered that Lowes carries the 4.75" x 4.75" post with a 5" x 5" cap which has an insert to take up the extra space. This insert would need to be glued in place. Home Depot carries the 5" x 5" post with a 5" x 5" cap - no insert required. I went with the Home Depot 5 x 5 so I didn't need the insert and it also provides a little more space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	StinkySlinky01.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	4498 Click image for larger version

Name:	StinkySlinky02.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	4499 Click image for larger version

Name:	StinkySlinky03.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	4500
Mods: Kumho 875 205/R14s, Shower curtain & Oxygenics, Sewer hose stow, Prop reg on top, (2) Trojan 27TMs w/1+2 switch, Marinco A/C plug, RVS backup cam, Honda EU2000i & companion w/extended run tank.
gmferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
Harry Womack

Default storage for sewer hose

I have the longest storage tube. I have a 20' and a 10' hose with the small elbow attached. I can get the 20' out of one side and the 10' out of the other side. I mounted the tube to the frame right behide the 30 gallon grey water tank. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...e-carrier/1483
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #19
Pagosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRay60 View Post
Just bought a 2008 2720. Had a 4" PVC pipe mounted to the tounge of the trailer that had the sewer hose in it. The problem was you had to take off the fittings everytime to get the hose to fit in the 4" tube. That was a pain. Plus it was kind of ugly. Next size PVC is 6", way to big. I found a 4 3/4" square white PVC fence post at Lowes. Cut it down to 5' and mounted the end cap on one end with 2 SS screws. I found a white offset self closing hinge in the cabinet section and mounted it to the other end with another end cap aslo using SS bolts and lock nuts. I mounted it under the back of the tounge right behind the battery box using some very heavy duty cable ties around the frame. (May come up with a more permenant mounting device later). Works great! new rhino hose with fittings fit great. It got dark by time I got it mounted so I will add those pics later.
Thanks for the mod info. I mounted the 4" square pvc across the frame in the rear in front of the normal storage area which now will have outdoor carpet and become my fishing rod storage ect.The hose fits just right inside the 4" but I dont have the fittings you mentioned. Anyway thanks for the great idea.
Pagosa Kid
Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #20
rjlwork

gmferg,
We followed your idea and mounted the "fence post" under the porch on our Trailmini against the rear supports. Love the storage capability and being able to have a real sewer hose instead of that tiny flimsy one. It is far enough back, that we are careful when backing into the driveway (close clearance - 2").

Our "old" storage tube is really short, so its become the extension cord and propane hose storage tube.

The new Sport Deck version of the Trailmini comes with a bumper for storage like the other models. We considered having one installed at the factory but, it makes it overall longer and too long for our garage.

Thanks for the inspiration and construction advice!

Tags
fence post, sewer hose storage