TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2001, 03:36 PM   #1
MMARFISI

Default Wall Mt Spice and Knife Rack

As with most people we are never satisfied with things the way they are. We must always find ways of improving a great thing. And so it is with our TM 2720SL. Cherry wanted a place to conveniently store her spices and knives where they were easy to get at without taking up valuable counter space. I came up with the following solution.

I went to my local home center and purchased some construction mending plates. These are steel plates that measure about 3 inches by 6 inches. We mounted them to the wall above the stove with Liquid Nails. We also purchased some plastic wall mount spice racks plus some flat magnets. We glued the magnets to the back of the spice rack. Now Cherry packs all of her spices in the rack which she stores in a cabinet for travel. When we set up, the rack comes out of the cabinet and onto the wall. Works like a charm. The knife rack is mounted to the side of the clothes closet with mounting tape. The knives stay right in the rack even when traveling. When the closet is closed for travel the rack is under it suspended just off the floor.