TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
Are you talking about just the the wheels or tires and wheels? If tires, be careful because passenger tires are rated differently than trailer tires. There was a good article in this month's Trailer Life on trailer tires. I couldn't find it on line but it may show up later. If you subscribe, take a look at it.

As for fit, the key would be the lug bolt pattern and the size of the tire - if it would fit in the wheel well.

Maybe wmtire will chime in - our resident tire expert.
Sorry it took so long. Evidently I missed the new posts in this forum. Your Silverado should have six hole wheels. I haven't looked at a 3124, but I don't think any of the Trailmanors have a six hole pattern (but will need to look to be sure). I know my 3023 has a 5 hole pattern. EDIT: It does have a six hole pattern

If any trailer has a 6 or 8 hole wheel, it is indicative of a heavier load axle.......which I don't believe Trailmanor comes with.

A 265/16 inch tire will be way too big to go up in the fender skirts, by both width and height.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #22
Al-n-Sue

My '03 3124 has a 6 bolt wheel - I know because I just had to change it 2 weeks ago on the way back from Albuquerque.

Fortunately it was not a blow out but I apparently picked up a nail or something at a stop in Raton and it went flat while I was getting gas. Also fortunate we had a nice flat (and dry!) concrete area to raise the shells and change the tire.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #23
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
My '03 3124 has a 6 bolt wheel - I know because I just had to change it 2 weeks ago on the way back from Albuquerque.
Thanks for the info Al-n-Sue. I stand corrected. I guess I don't know my trailer as well as I thought, because I just went and adjusted the brakes for a trip I am making this weekend, and it also has 6 hole wheels.

Obviously my memory is the second thing I am losing. I can't remember what the first is.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
camp2canoe

Not sure if this is where this goes but... On the Sunday following Columbus Day in 2009 we had our first tire problem on our '05 TM 2619 - the disintegration of an original Goodyear Marathon. We replaced both with a pair of 14" TowMax tires and metal stems. Coming back from the same trip exactly one year later we ran over an object on I255 and had our second flat ever on the TM. DW was driving and neither of us felt a thing until a truck flagged us over. (Perhaps the TM tows TOO well!)

Anyhow we ruined the flat TowMax by the time we pulled over. The only tire choices we have are Marathons or Carlisles. I just ordered two new Marathons -- one to replace the TowMax and one to replace our six year old Marathon spare. We'll mount the new Marathons and use the surviving TowMax as our spare. I guess there's no moral in this story - there was a substantial gash in the tread of the TowMax which may have required a new tire even if we could have pulled over earlier. (And, of course, we had declined the road hazard protection plan.) - camp2canoe