TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2002, 03:25 PM   #21
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Fun TM projects...Where does it end?

Wade,

We have the same rack as Rick does and it works very nicely for us as well. It is almost like they had the TrailManor in mind when that one was designed.

Got ours at Camping World too.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #22

Hi Wade or Bob * Where did you pick up a good Radio for your TM ?
I [we] do not want to spend to much *
thanks Rich & Jean ???
Old 02-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #23
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Don't mean to butt in, but -

Check out http://www.crutchfield.com/

Once you get past their annoying home page, they have a lot of good stuff. Even better - send for their catalog of car audio equipment. Everything from the most basic FM-only radio to super-duper AM/FM/cassette/CD/CD-RW/DVD/blahblahblah equipment. Even if you don't buy from them, the catalog has a wealth of information about what you can get, installation methods, and so forth.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 01:24 PM   #24
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Rich,

Sorry that I did not answer your question about the radio for the Trailmanor sooner, but I have not been on the site since Thursday(Feb 6). We bought the radio at Radio Shack. It has a CD player along with the radio. It comes out real easy so you do not run down your battery in the trailer. It has a little case that it stores in to protect it. Nice lighted face and easy buttons to read and use. We sure are glad that we bought it. We sure have received a lot of compliments on it. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #25
Bruce

I have made lots of mods to our TM but I think the best one, the one that gets used many times a day, is the slide out drawer. It is so handy I don't see how we got along without it. I think the factory should definitely look into providing it as standard equipment.
  We have a 3124 and it was the cabinet door to the left of the furnace under the counter top that was the problem. Essentially the top cabinet behind this door  is just a long dark hole. To get at anything in there you had to get down on your knees, pull stuff from the front out of the way, and then reach in trying to grab what you wanted.
  That is all changed with the new slide out drawer. One simply opens the door and slides out the drawer to access the contents which are all easily visible. Life is so much simpler now!  

Bruce
Old 03-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #26
Ntech

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all who have posted on this board.  The wealth of information here is priceless.  Went on my first trip over to the coast (Pismo Beach) with my TM and it couldn't have been better.  Have been reading all of the posts for the last several months and they did prepare me for my first trip.
   Now for two modifications.  All of you who opted for the 2nd couch.  I ripped out the four drawers, nailed the drawer facings back on (for looks) and created a huge storage area.  The bottom cushion lifts up and gave me enough room for my microwave, TV (13&quot, DVD, electric heater, 3 folding chairs and still room left over.
    The second concerns the closet.  I have never been the type to hang things up.  What I did need was a food pantry.  By placing shelf bracing (1x1's or whatever you have handy) on all three sides of the closet and placing a removable shelf on of the bracing, you now have a food pantry or without shelves a useable closet.

Again thank you all-----First time TM owner
Old 03-28-2003, 03:37 PM   #27
hal

Regarding drawers:  I have just about completed installing basket type drawers in my TM.  We have the 2720SD.  Our AC is  mounted on the roof.  So we  have a great deal of enclosed space to the right of the stove.  After taking much time to measure everything in every possible way, I have determined the few measurements that are necessary.  We then bought a taller mini Elfa unit plus four drawers and extra cross members.  This unit was cut into shorter units that fit very nicely into these spaces. We saved about $60.00 doing it this way, as opposed to buying three separate units. If anyone is interested in saving some headaches trying to determine measurements, I will gather my notes and present them on this site. The Elfa units are light weight and use woven metal baskets for drawers.

Hal
Old 05-09-2003, 06:41 AM   #28
2619PDX

I've got a couple of new upgrades for my 2619.

1) Added a fabricated battery tray between the manor and the original tray. Now have 3 battery capacity.

2) Added a removable coat rack just inside the door next to the dinette. Now we've got a place for wet jackets and hats...

3) Am adding solar panels and charge controller.

4) Wall mounted wooden hangers and shelving for assorted storage. Check out www.shelfexpressions.com

5) Insulation material added under beds.

That's it for now. I'm sure there's more to come...

Gregg in Portland
Old 05-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #29
efelker

Wade/Bob/Bill:

Haven't purchased the 3023 yet, but as soon as I do how about you three come over to my house.  Beer is on me -- oh, by the way, bring your tool kits.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:50 AM   #30
Chris_Bauer

This will never end, will it?  That's half the fun of having a TM.

Bob, the pictures are a great idea.  I used the small gold frames with velcro in the old TM.  Now I got crazy and enlarged several great photos from different trips, City of Rocks, N.M., Maui (nope, didn't take the TM there,hahahaha), the mountains of Monterrey, Mexico, pictographs from Seminole Canyon, Texas.  Now, people can see where we've been.  I had them framed using light wood framing, they look great.

Now, how about this one?  Well, I have a roof air in the 3326.  Can that outlet accept an adapter for 110 use?  I'd like to set up a corner table (thinking about buying the counter top filler with drawer from Trailmanor so it all matches) on the king size bed for a T.V.  

As I have stated before, I'm not good at electricity.  I usually grit my teeth, close my eyes and plug it in.  If there's no smoke, it must work .

P.S.  Who else owns a 3326 besides Bob and I.  There must be more?