TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2001, 03:59 PM   #1

Default bug light

Replace the porch light bulb with a yellow colored clearance bulb to reduce moth activity.
Old 09-29-2001, 01:29 PM   #2

Default Re: bug light

Brian,

Great idea! I'm disappointed I didn't think of it first.
Where did you get the yellow bulb? I didn't understand the description `clearance' bulb.
I checked Camping World and they didn't have any. The bulb in my trailer is the push-in type like the Malibu low-voltage yard lights, not the type that you push in and twist to connect.

Dick B
Old 09-29-2001, 04:15 PM   #3

At my local AutoZone auto parts store, it was in the replacement bulb section and was called a clearance bulb. I looked for it in RV supply stores online and then I checked the local WalMart and Advance Auto Parts but could not find one. I stopped by AutoZone for something unrelated and there it was!
Old 09-13-2002, 02:09 PM   #4

I happen to know that you can find the yellow bulbs at all auto parts stores, just tell them you want a 916na bulb and that will give you the correct amperage bulb.... Enjoy your TM's I love mine!!!

2002 3124kb pulled with 97 Chevy Blazer 4by4
Old 09-14-2002, 05:41 AM   #5
Happytrails

My TM came with a yellow lens in the porch light.....I've seen replacement ones both white and yellow at a local RV shop.....

Happytrails.....
Old 06-26-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
bbeckham

If I understood the tips on LED's correctly, when we replace the light with an LED we will really be bug resistant. That's what we are trying next. We did and extensive internet search and

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

continues to have the best prices.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:00 PM   #7
bbeckham

Default Re:bug light

Its two camping trips later since our last post. We are not happy with the viability of the LED clusters (1156) we got from www.superbrightleds.com. Of the 6 bulbs we bought which came with 19 LEDs per bulb --- 3 have only 7 LEDs still burning, one has only 4 LEDs, one has one LED and the last has zero. Will check with the company and see what's up with their bulbs. Since they only had a few hours use, I hardly consider this satisfactory.

Betty Ann
Old 08-12-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
bbeckham

Default Re:bug light

Now we know why our LED clusters got zapped. Read page 2 of this post for details:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabb...y;threadid=935

Betty Ann