TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Mountain Man

Default A few things I would like

There are just a few things I would like:

1. The option to add a second battery and low energy LED lighting.
2. Optional heavy duty axle and factory balanced 15 inch tires with metal valve stems on smaller size trailers.
3. Optional tire pressure monitoring system.
4. Have the trailer engineered to hold a small generator (Honda or Yamaha)
Old 06-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

1. The option to add a second battery and low energy LED lighting.
2. Optional heavy duty axle and factory balanced 15 inch tires with metal valve stems on smaller size trailers.
1. I added a second battery and a switch to control them. This is a simple project if the battery is in the front. It is a little more work if the battery is in the rear storage compartment. I am surprised that this is not a standard dealer option.

2. I have loaded my TM 2720 with every thing I own for camping and did not exceed the axle weight limit. Just adding a bigger axle may not increase your capacity. It might be that you would also need a larger frame. Some people have ordered the bigger axle. It is not on the list, but it has been done. I never understood why.

3. I would think that this is a simple add on. Just a couple of wireless transmitters inside the tire mounted to the wheel. I check my tire pressure every time I leave home for the weekend. I visually inspect and hand test for temperature at every stop. I am comfortable. Perhaps if I traveled more I would see some value in it.

4. Where? With my swing tongue, there is no room on the front. Without the swing tongue I think there is room, but building a universal mount for any generator the owner wants is likely not possible. A local welder could no doubt build you one for your specific generator. It can only be used to store it. I learned by experience to always place the generator down wind as far as the shore power cord will go. Otherwise I get fumes inside. I have the rear hitch receiver, but have never used it. Many people carry their generator back there in a standard tray.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
ng2951

On the bigger trailers, there is plenty of room in the rear hold. That is where I stow the Yamaha.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
mtnguy

Quote:

Check out http://www.doranmfg.com/tirepressuremonitorproducts.htm, and do a search on Doran Pressure Pro on this site. Several of the members run this system (me included),and it seems to work great. Metal valve stems are probably needed before mounting the reciever, as the added weight could force a rubber valve stem up against the wheel at speed.

Chap
Old 06-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:

When we were looking at TM's we spoke to Wayne at J.D. Sanders in Alachua, Florida and he told me that they could mount a Generator on the back of the TM. This was an option that was offered to us. We felt it was too close to the sleeping area and did not fully discuss it with him. We took him to mean a built in Genset (not sure of spelling) though.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Mountain Man

Thanks for all the replies, I will sort of respond in general terms:

1. For those of us that are electrically challenged, I would really like a factory designed option for a second battery.
2. Same goes for the generator. I would like it if TM engineered a turnkey generator solution, to include a secure space, venting, and electrical connectivity. Similar to what you can get in some travel trailers and motor homes.
3. I would like a factory TPM system. I realize they are somewhat easy to add. If they were installed at the factory, then the tires would come balanced with the TPM already mounted to the stems and you wouldn't have to do that yourself later. Also, the factory may be able to negotiate some volume purchase discount with a supplier.
4. After reading the forum about all the 14" Marathon tire problems, I would really like the 15" tires with metal valve stems, no real reason I guess for wanting an upgraded axle.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
agesilaus

Our dealer told us that they would add a second battery when we bought it. I suspect your would be happy to do the same. It took me about 30 minutes to do the actural work and there was no high level wiring involved, since I put in a battery switch our setup was more complicated than most.

BK
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
PopBeavers

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies, I will sort of respond in general terms:

3. I would like a factory TPM system. I realize they are somewhat easy to add. If they were installed at the factory, then the tires would come balanced with the TPM already mounted to the stems and you wouldn't have to do that yourself later. Also, the factory may be able to negotiate some volume purchase discount with a supplier.
According to many reports around here, the TM comes with wheels that are not balanced. If you want them balanced you do it yourself. Otherwise I would tend to agree with you.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
According to many reports around here, the TM comes with wheels that are not balanced. If you want them balanced you do it yourself. Otherwise I would tend to agree with you.
When I buy a new car, I expect the wheels to be balanced. In my mind, a travel trailer should come the same way, and that is my suggestion to TM. These trailers cost an awful lot. I shouldn't have to take the tires off a brand new one and take them in to be balanced in order to have a safe travelling experience. IMHO
Old 06-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

From what I hear most travel trailers regardless of the brand come with tires not balanced. I imagine a high dollar motor home would come with the tires balanced.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote