TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
bigben8011

Default Drunken Chicken and rotiseree turkey

this has to be the best way to cook chicken. get yourself one of the beer can chicken cookers most of the time you will find the ones that holds two chickens or one. I normally do one chicken but I got the double. just incase ya need extra. I do a dry rub on the chicken or get some of stubbs brand moppin sauce if ya can get it. I normally do this on a grill at home but on campouts we have a fireplace. for a 5 lb chicken it takes about 2 hours to do a chicken right. take a can of your favorite beverage weather it be beer or soda. the best thing I have found is applejuice. leave about 4 oz in the can and then sit it on the fire. I make a hood over the chicken with foil to cook the top of the bird good. about half way through I put some moppin sauce on it and then at the end the skin is nice and crispy. the white meat on this chicken is so moist it is awesome.

the rotiseree turkey is not hard to do but you do need a rotisseree. we got ours at a market faire for the early 18th centry. get your turkey about a 3 days before ya need to go and marinade it. what I use for a marinade is this. get oranges and cut into quarters about 4 oranges will do. bay leaves salt cracked pepper garlic and applejuice. normally about 2-3 gallons of juice will work. then put the oranges in along with 2-5 cloves of garlic. I actually like more but that is up to your tastes put about a table spoon of salt and cracked pepper in the applejuice and let it go till ya get to the campground. take the turkey out of the marinade and dispose of the marinade. tie the turkey wings and legs tight to the body and stick on the rotisseree. It takes allmost all day to cook it right but man is it good.