TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

We have the Cobb Grill. I also saved points and received a propane Coleman Party Grill...free..not even a shipping charge. I have not used the Coleman yet.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
shunter917
Site Sponsor

Our new "regular" TT has an external mountable, portable grill that I've used. It has a propane tap-in just underneath the trailer. It was missing a part to hook that up, so I've continued to use the standard little bottles.

We haven't had any problems with smoke/smell in the trailer. I think it would be a great addition to the TM's.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #13
shebantam

Like the TM, my Bantam did not have an attached out door stove I got do use to in the popups. I bought a 10 or 12 lb tank at Camping world. I got tired of lugging an extra 20 lb tank in and out of the truck. I cook out side, and it never failed, I would set off the smoke detector in the camper. Love the little tank.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter917 View Post
Our new "regular" TT has an external mountable, portable grill that I've used. It has a propane tap-in just underneath the trailer. It was missing a part to hook that up, so I've continued to use the standard little bottles.
Beware. Any hookup point under the trailer will provide low-pressure propane. In other words, the propane that is available here has passed through the pressure regulator on the main tank. This regulator reduces the propane pressure from a hundred pounds or more in the main tank, to less than half a pound for distribution to the appliances.

If your portable grill uses small bottles, it is expecting (and operates from) high-pressure propane, and it won't work from a tap under the trailer. If the grill has its own built-in regulator, it will have to be removed, and I'm not sure about the plumbing involved. But at any rate, it more of a change than simply finding an adapter hose.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #15
shebantam

Bill, popups have 2 stage regulators, the high pressure is for the outdoor stove (had to buy one for my Coleman popup last year). could a high pressure regulator be added to the regulator on the front and a hose just run from that? the hose would not be able to be removed easily if the gas bottles were opened, I believe since it would be attached to the regulator, if this is at all possible.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #16
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Most propane regulators are two stage regulators, since going from 150 psi to 0.5 psi in one swell foop would be quite a trick. In all the ones I've seen, the two stages are contained within one housing, so you have no access to the intermediate point. I've not seen a two stage regulator in two housings, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm still concerned that if the first stage takes you from 150 psi down to, say 10 psi, with the second stage taking you from 10 psi to 0.5 psi, then connecting a high-pressure stove or grill to that intermediate 10 psi point will stilll work poorly at best.

Quite often a low pressure appliance can be changed to high pressre (or vice versa) by changing out a jet of some kind. Perhaps this is what the OP was referring to.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #17
shebantam

The high pressure regulator was left on the popup so the outdoor stove could be used., I bought the low pressure one but never installed it, it literally twists into the high pressure regulator. Never put a gas bottle or a battery on the popup. Installed touch lights and have my minitank for cooking gas. I thought I would be buying one piece, but I was wrong. So they are out there, bought it at a consignment lot near Elmer New Jersey, they had to work on the popup electrical so I could get lights to tow legally across the bridge and get it licenced here in Delaware.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #18
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

On my popup I got a splitter that screwed into my 20lb propane tank. On one leg I put a long hose to run high-pressure items. In the other leg I screwed my trailer-supply hose, which then went through the regulator. I don't see why you couldn't do that on your TM. This way, you could run a 15' hose from the tank to wherever you wanted to put your grill.

I cook outside all the time (never cook inside), on a 3-burner RV stove (I set it on a table, so I have a "counter" to work with next to my stove). The supply hose for the stove connects to the outside connector. Since you don't have the connector, I think the splitter at the tank, and a 15' jumper hose, may be your best bet.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #19
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
On my popup I got a splitter that screwed into my 20lb propane tank. On one leg I put a long hose to run high-pressure items. In the other leg I screwed my trailer-supply hose, which then went through the regulator. I don't see why you couldn't do that on your TM. This way, you could run a 15' hose from the tank to wherever you wanted to put your grill.

I cook outside all the time (never cook inside), on a 3-burner RV stove (I set it on a table, so I have a "counter" to work with next to my stove). The supply hose for the stove connects to the outside connector. Since you don't have the connector, I think the splitter at the tank, and a 15' jumper hose, may be your best bet.
I do exactly this with my propane tank, I will attest it works fine on the TM, even the slide models -- the fit is a little tight, but it works fine. I "T" off one tank, run that hose out to the grill. The other end hooks into the main gas line.

Of course, with two tanks I could just use one for grilling with extension tubes, but I don't always bring both tanks.

My DW does most of the grilling, and she likes having the grill right up against the TM, so one 12' hose will reach anyplace she wants to put the grill, from up against the tongue to just past the steps by the back.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote