TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
bill s

Default load E tires

i forgot to ask wmtire (bobby) ...is ~ $100.00 a reasonable price for load e tire????

thanks bill s
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
Mr. Jan Rooks

To throw one more tire brand in the mix. Nanco grade E Tire & 10 inch Wheels solved my Apache tire problem with Carlile range C skinny tires. Sorry, I drive 70mph all night long.

I am going to watch this thread closely. We have to have load range D or E on our 1996 TM3023. I already lost one 10 yr. old tire last year.
Jan Rooks
Old 03-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #13
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill s View Post
i forgot to ask wmtire (bobby) ...is ~ $100.00 a reasonable price for load e tire????

thanks bill s
I am so sorry for missing this post from last year. I didn't even notice it till Jan Rooks just brought this thread back to the top of the list. If it's too late to help you Bill S, then maybe it will someone else. Again, I apologize for not replying sooner.

$100 sounds fair. We are selling the Prometer Load Range E 225/75R15 for $92 with free mounting.

There is a funny story to that. I originally ordered 3 of those tires just to put on my trailer. Well, while I had them, waiting for me to bring my trailer up to the shop to put them on, I had customer's who needed them. I sold 2 to a customer, then reordered them again to put on my trailer. Again I sold 2 more before I could put them on my trailer. I decided after that to stock these tires continously and have actually sold probably around 20 or better now. I can thank these forums and our tire experiment for that.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #14
TexasCamper

Default Prometer 75R15 experience?

I am resurrecting this old thread to ask if anyone has further experience to share on their Prometer 75R15 (load class E). What pressure do you keep your tires at?

Also, has anyone found an inflation/load guide from Prometer?

I had little time and options when I had to replace my tires and ended up with these. I'm not thrilled with the higher pressure and really would like ride at a lower pressure (but still high enough for my load).
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #15
TravlinOn

Re: Running "trailer" tires at reduced pressures. I remember that when I was researching the difference between a truck tire and a trailer specific tire, I found that trailer tire sidewalls are made to withstand the sway/fish-tail action that some trailers (TM not-so-much) have as they ride down the road.

Possibly, Carlyse tires is recommending that their tires be kept inflated at the max is for that reason - that lesser inflation will result in more role on the tire during sways with increased strain on the sidewalls?
Old 03-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #16
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I'm with bill. Do you need that much PSI? If your carrying the load for that PSI it will be Ok, but if your not, there will be no flex in the the tires over the small bumps.

Where we live the road vibration and rock hard 80 PSI tires on a camper loaded for much less weight then the max rating of the tries. It would beat my camper apart.

The DW's fine china would be a wreck. lol
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #17
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We are running some off brand load e tire that we put in 2012. Can't say we can see any difference between the way a tire at 65 psi or these at 80 psi makes to the trailer contents. With the back roads we tend to travel stuff sometimes gets stirred up. We started the Duran's at 80 psi per Wmtire but have since dropped then to 70 psi because of excessive center rib wear. As a general rule on trailer tires experience has shown don't go below the tire makers side wall psi for the load you are carrying.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
davlin
TrailManor Master

Default Back to "D"?

Here's an interesting thought.

I also run Load Range E on my 2007 3124KS. With my tires at 80 psi, and using a WDH, it's my very unscientific opinion that I get lots more "internal reorganization" of my TM, as opposed to running them at 70 psi. IF that's really true, would we all be better off running (TM recommended) Load Range D tires inflated to 65 psi, versus the Load Range E tires we have to turn down the bounce on?

Can't wait to see where this one goes....

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #19
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I don't think so. I got a psi/load rating chart from a Kumho engineer back when I had the 857s, and lowering the pressure simply lowered the load rating. I think manufacturers say that they always want you running the max pressure because otherwise the tire is not going to have the stated load rating. And publishing such a psi/load rating chart would probably be confusing for the industry and most consumers.

So I am of the opinion that a load rating E tire inflated to less than the max pressure (i.e. 65 psi, which is what I use) is better than a fully inflated load range D, and definitely a C tire. It's the effective load rating that matters.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #20
davlin
TrailManor Master

Yeah Dave, that's the same "logic" that I use, but I wonder if there's any "science" to "a load rating E tire inflated to less than the max pressure (i.e. 65 psi, which is what I use) is better than a fully inflated load range D."

Playing the devil's advocate here: isn't a load range E tire inflated to 65 psi actually a load range D tire?

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote