TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
Joseph

Default Peco . . .

Mhatcher. . .

Would you drop us a line an let us know how your experience at PECO goes?

You price was better than what was quoted to me from McDonough RV in

McDonough GA. $350.00 two years ago. That was the main reason for my

DIY lift project! As far as I know McDonough RV is out of the TM business.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Mhatcher. . .

Would you drop us a line an let us know how your experience at PECO goes?

You price was better than what was quoted to me from McDonough RV in

McDonough GA. $350.00 two years ago. That was the main reason for my

DIY lift project! As far as I know McDonough RV is out of the TM business.
Will do neighbor. I've dealt with Peco in the past. I bought a viking pop-up from them a little over a year ago. Their customer service is great and they are all friendly and helpful. My only complaint about them is they don't budge on their prices and they are sometimes over priced. I actually bought my TM used back in Sept. from RV World of Ga in Buford. They really didn't know what they had and posted a price on the internet before they did a complete inspection of the unit, so I jumped on it and got it for a great price (for a TM).
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #13

Well I finally dropped off my 3023 at Peco Campers to have the lift kit installed. I made a list of several other items I wanted to be checked and or repaired, mostly minor stuff. I included on the list the items normally in the TM factory tune-up special. I must admit I became concerned about the possible outcome of any services when the the service manager made this statement after reading my list: " I don't think there is any way to adjust the torsion bars".

It kind of makes you wonder if TM requires any kind of training or orientation for a dealership to become a TM dealer. I guess I'll see the results in a couple of weeks and report back
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #14

Well two weeks have passed and Peco called back with the total damage.

Lift kit installed, wheel bearings repacked, lift system adjusted and lubricated,
LP system pressure tested, four water leaks repaired, Brakes checked and adjusted, electrical system checked, jacks lubricated, window curtain assembly reattached (broken when purchased), anode rod replaced in water heater, fresh water system sanitized and winterized, caulking on seams redone, cleaned all seals(they were terrible) and lubricated, washed and waxed exterior.
Grand total: $1577.00

Ouch!

From here on out I do all my own repairs. Fool me once shame you, fool me twice shame on me!

As I said before, Peco does good work, but they are over priced.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #15
Larry Gault

I'm gonna come out of retirement and open up a travel trailer repair business, My goodness and 95% was labor.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Wow. That's expensive.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post

Wow. That's expensive.
Yep. I expected it to be expensive but not quite that expensive! Like I said, "Fool me once....".

They actually charged more to wash,wax, and clean & lube the seals than they did to install the lift kit. Apparently they don't do the washing/waxing themselves. They contract some guy to do that.

They also mentioned that they had to do some welding to install the lift kit. I didn't think that was required.

Anyway, now I've got the maintenance caught up and I can keep up with whatever needs to be done from now on.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #18
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yep. I expected it to be expensive but not quite that expensive! Like I said, "Fool me once....".

They actually charged more to wash,wax, and clean & lube the seals than they did to install the lift kit. Apparently they don't do the washing/waxing themselves. They contract some guy to do that.

They also mentioned that they had to do some welding to install the lift kit. I didn't think that was required.

Anyway, now I've got the maintenance caught up and I can keep up with whatever needs to be done from now on.
The lift kit does not require welding.........I'm starting to smell a rat here....
Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Well, maybe. On the other hand, at one time the factory-installed lift kit (the square steel tube) was welded into place rather than bolted. It is possible, I suppose, that they used that particular installation as a production example. Should have known better - but then again, if they didn't weld, they might have had to drill big bolt holes in the frame and/or the kit.

Not to say that I know why they did what they did - but it is possible that it is legit.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #20
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Even if the welding was legit, it certainly was not a $1,000 welding job (considering the rest of the stuff should have maybe cost ~$600).

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote