TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #11
TakingTerns

Default Thanks for your valued advice!

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about towing a 3124 with a Jeep Liberty. Weighing everything said by all of you it is apparent that my experience could go one of two ways - either I'll have a wonderful experience enjoying traveling with a TM - or I'm gonna die!

Hondo mentioned finding a comfort level. As someone who is already worried about going to the bathroom during the night I appear to have a comfort level that requires assurance that things will go well, very very well. Ray seems to suggest that the laws of physics do not bless the union of a 24 foot trailer towed by a Jeep Liberty.

An intelligent man would wait for a more capable TV. Now, what am I going to do?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #12
Tonopah

Default Jeep Liberty TV

I am a new TM owner and have the 2720. I tow with a Jeep Liberty. Factory tow package plus WDH (Eaz lift) plus Prodigy brake controller.

I've taken this package on two trips now. All has gone quite well despite the short wheel base (104 inches). Power up hills has been perfectly ok (note: I have not been above 3500 feet altitude). Handling has been okay -- I do keep both hands on the wheel though. A little shimmy once or twice when really big rigs have passed me on the left, but no big deal. I am careful on windy roads -- especially downhills.

I used to tow an 18 foot Jayco fold down Tent trailer (2000 pounds) with a Jeep Grand Cherokee (V-8 but no WDH and no electric brakes) and that was a dream.

The Liberty with the 2720 requires more attention but it does tow fine. I'd prefer a longer wheel base and a V-8 but I'd also perfer to be 10 years younger and none of those things are on the immediate horizon so I make do with what I got. And it works!