TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
mogman

Love the organizer ideas! I also try to fight the ongoing counter and floorspace clutter, and have worked out a few ideas similar to ones already listed:

1. With 5 people camping in one TM in the damp and rainy Pacific NW, we had a variety of shoes scattered all over our floor way too often. We couldn't leave them outside in case it rained, but didn't have room inside. I Found a sturdy (non-transparent) Rubbermaid bin that was a decent size, but short enough to fit under the bottom of the TM...right outside the door next to the stairs. This stays there the entire time we are camped and holds the various types of shoes we use: boots, flip-flops, tennis shoes, etc. We trade out shoes during the day as we change shoes. At night ALL shoes go in there except 1 pair each of easy-on shoes in case someone needs theirs in a hurry. It keeps the dampness off the shoes and the sand/mud in one bin outside.

2. We love the over the wall hooks and use them in many places...especially the bathroom.

3. We have one plastic bin we keep handy for what I call "nightstand" type of stuff: small flashlights, wallets, a reading book, video game consoles, lip moisturizer, etc. It is kinda a "catch all", but we try to limit it to smaller stuff we need nearby. This stays on the counter near the wardrobe, but a few small bins could fit on the ledges around the trailer instead if you prefer. Anyway, this seems to contain the worst of our clutter.

4. Like previously posted, we also take a tent along, but use it kinda as a "playroom" for the kids. This contains any "indoor" toys/books and gives them their own space to play/read...a wonderful option sometimes when we just don't want them driving trains/cars around the floor of the TM, and keeps the toys off the beds and floorspace there.

Now a question: Any suggestions on how to best "rig up" a clothesline to hang wet raincoats in the shower to dry? This is another common problem in the Pac NW, and I seem to try something different each time we camp.

Lorna in Seattle
TM: 3124
Old 08-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
hhoenig

In the bathtub, we use a couple of curtain tension rods to hang stuff. You might also find portable dryer racks that could fit in the tub. Outside, under the rear bed, we string 2 or 3 lines to hang towels ,etc.
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #13
PopBeavers

I find that we throw a lot of small items, like cell phones and keys, along the narrow ledge between the back of the dinette seat and the TM wall, just inside the door.

One of these days I am going to build a long rectangular box the fits in that space. With a bit of Velcro, I think it will stick to the Velcro that is already on the walls to hold the flap up when closing the TM.

Another thought I have had was to build some sort of shelf that would fit across the foot of the front bunk, up high enough that you can sleep with your feet under it. My son has a really large duffel bag that fits nearly the entire distance across the bed. That would be a good place for it.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
hhoenig

Default storage

Where do people carry the white water hose and filter? Also what kind of use do you get out of the box on the door?
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
PopBeavers

I keep 3 25 foot water hoses in the rear compartment and I keep 2 50 foot flat roll up water hoses under the dinette seat where the water pump is. Every time I am too short on the hose, I buy another hose. The last camp out I had to use my container to get water, because even 175 feet was not long enough. But I think I will just give up on getting more.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #16
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Wayne - you need a wireless hose.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
PopBeavers

Regarding the magazine rack in the door...

Sometimes my wife has a couple of magazines. Mostly I keep flashlights, playing cards, Off bug spray and a few small items.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
Al-n-Sue

I carry a white water hose in my TV box - I usually have to fill the tank before I set up camp - I only open the front shell when I fill up. I keep a couple of hoses in the trunk of the TM in case I'm close enough to a hydrant to connect after I get set up.

The magazine rack on the door holds mainly TM brochures!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #19
FotoCEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhoenig View Post
Also what kind of use do you get out of the box on the door?
I've found that it fits two pair of shoes quite nicely. Keeps them out of the way, but right where we need them!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 AM   #20
lnussbau

In the box on the door, I have a couple of water pressure regulators, electric plug adapters, a ratcheting, multi-blade screwdriver, a small whisk broom w/dust pan, a pair of work gloves, a roll of duct tape, a "water thief" and a 25 ft. electric cord, handy for plugging in a tire pump, among other things.

The water hose(s) I keep in the rear storage compartment, along with some electric extension cables and a 5 gallon water jugs, plus a few misc things.