TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
DEAN MELCHING

We Are Buying A 3326 T.m...my Tow Vh Is A 2002 Blazer,4.3 Liter Eng. I Have Installed Extra 900lbs. Leaf Springs An Also Largest Trany Cooler I Could Find.my Question Is:do I Need A W.d.h. An Sway Control For The T.m. Also Instaled Electric Brake Comtroller.also Will My Blazer Tow The T.m.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
Dixielou

Look into the Equal-i-zer hitch (www.equalizerhitch.com). We use such a hitch (1000 lb. unit) with our 3326K and greatly appreciate it's sway control design, in addition to providing weight distribution. TM's are generally resistnt to sway but there are so many variables at play when towing that without sway control protection one is sure to experience sway at some point--especially with the longer models. Hence, we appreciate the dual capabilities of this particular hitch.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
Queeniereads

We had a terrible accident last year towing a TT with a Mercury Mountaineer. We had a common friction sway bar. I will likely never again tow without something better. We have the 3124KS TM and use the Equalizer. No sway. No correction when passed by trucks. We also have a 1000 lb hitch. Be safe! Overkill on the safety equipment. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
DEAN MELCHING

Wink Dean

Where All Have You Traveled With Your 3326k???
Old 08-30-2005, 05:36 PM   #5
Dixielou

We have traveled through a good part of the western half of the US, including Canada. Our current TM is our third--started with a 3124KB, then to a 3326K, several years later purchased our current '04 3326K. A TM will go just about anywhere you want to take it--provided you have a capable tow vehicle, and maintain both.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:54 AM   #6
Glenn in TN

We are now using a 2001 Excursion to pull our 2619. We bought it because we wanted to upgrade our trailer from the popup we had, but not our TV at the time. We used a 97 Grand Caravan with a 3.3 litre. It pulled fine until we got into some steep Ark. state highways. Trips to east TN went fine. I did feel like we were tearing up the minivan, but it never let us down. We didn't have anything on it (or now the Excursion) except a class IV hitch and brake controler!