TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
cfldan

Thumbs up Towing with BMW X5

just bought a new 2006 3124KS. took our first trip to key largo. towed like a dream. extremely stable. i've been visiting this board a while and havent seen any other posts re X5. rigged with 6000lb hitch and the BMW towing system. prodigy controller (setting of 2.2-2.7max used).
Old 08-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfldan
just bought a new 2006 3124KS. took our first trip to key largo. towed like a dream. extremely stable. i've been visiting this board a while and havent seen any other posts re X5. rigged with 6000lb hitch and the BMW towing system. prodigy controller (setting of 2.2-2.7max used).
We had quite a lengthy thread regarding using an X5 as a tow vehicle several months ago. Don't know if the person (who was in California) who asked the question ever bought a TM. All indications were that the X5 was a very capable tow vehicle and your report confirms that.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote