TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
redapache

Default Test Results To Replacing The Recirculating Toilet

I promised to post the results after testing my RV flush type toilet modification. The results were GREAT!!! We just got back after 2 days and 2 nights, 2 adults and 4 grand kids, ages 4 to 11. The toilet woked like a charm!! Those that mentioned solids sticking etc. in holding tanks, not a problem with this set up. Nothing stays dormat like in a holding tank, when we flushed it went directly to the sewer. I had everyone hold the flush lever over for about 15 to 20 seconds, this causes water to continue to flow and wash down the flexible sewer line. Then when we were ready to break camp I dumped the gray water and whatever was remaining was washed down. This modification worked even better than I could have hoped!! No negatives at all as far as I'm concerned. Now this is not for everyone!!! But there has to be a lot of campers out there like my wife and I, I'm not interested in roughing it, I'm not a hunter or fisherman that would require me or my wife to boondock it. We camp only where we can have full hook ups, with a full hook up the lack of a holding tank is not a problem. I can't forsee what would cause these results to be any different if we had stayed a week or a month. I have to reason to B.S. anyone on this site, if it had not worked I would have said so and advised anyone against trying it. But that is not the case, if you camp only at full hookup sites and don't like the recirculating toilet, take it out and put in a RV flush type toilet. No mods to the trailer except one hole drilled in the floor of the bathroom to get the water supply to the back of the toilet. The toilet is a DIRECT replacement, it is no different than removing your toilet and putting it right back. The whole mod took me about an hour. I picked up the water supply at the cold water drain to the outside shower, didn't even have to modify the drain valve, just added plastic rv water line onto the drain valve and ran it across under the trailer and up thru the bathroom floor. If you need to shut the water off to the toilet just close the cold water drain to the outside shower.

Any questions, glad to help!

Jack Hall
Old 07-04-2005, 06:02 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Sounds like a great mod for full up campers. Glad everything slid down well.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Red -

Thanks for posting this. This kind of hands-on experience is among the most valuable stuff to be found on a board like this.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote