TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
redapache

Default Replaced Thetford recirculating with RV flush type

My wife hasn't been happy with the recirculating toilet in our 2619 so I replaced it with the RV flush type. I picked up water at the rear drains ran plastic rv water pipe from the cold water drain under the floor and up to the back of the toilet. I have tested it with water only draining onto my lawn.
We camp only where we can have full hookups, so I don't think there is going to be a problem, if anything we may have to flush a couple of times? Test run will be this weekend. I'll post the results so if anyone else has thought about this will know if it works or not. I figured I'd try it and if it doesn't work I'll just put the Thetford back. I bought the new RV flush type from PPL in Houston for 119 bucks. It bolted right on with no modifications at all, the whole project took about an hour!
Old 06-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Windbreaker

The reason folks in regular campers keep a little water in their black tanks is because things stick, become hard and unmovable without using "wands", scrapers and the like. I would suggest that you flush twice first then three or four times after.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
redapache

Default RE Thetford replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windbreaker
The reason folks in regular campers keep a little water in their black tanks is because things stick, become hard and unmovable without using "wands", scrapers and the like. I would suggest that you flush twice first then three or four times after.
I'll use a garden hose in the toilet and flush the discharge plumbing and hose out for 5 to 10 minutes before we pack up to leave, I figure I paid for the water in the site fee. I used to do the same with the recirculating Thetford.

Like I said, this is a test, maybe it won't work, if not I just go back to what I started with, if I didn't try I would never know, nothing ventured, nothing gained. As far as I know no one has tried it yet?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:17 AM   #4
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

You may have a winner. As I recall the regular RV toilets flush through a fairly small opening (4-5") into a holding tank which you don't have so yours will flush directly through you RV plumbing and into the pleated sewer hose. I would think that by filling the toilet fairly full before flushing it and following that with a bucked of water would do the job. The trick may be making sure you have no dips in your sewer hose as the low point may be where things end up that you would prefer go on through. There are several different sewer hose supports on the market that can assure a steady fall to the sewer connection and possibly even better is to use a section of 4" white drain pipe around the sewer hose. Having exactly the right length of white pipe for every camping situation may be a problem however.

Regardless of how you accomplish this you'll probably want to check the hose fairly often during extended stays for buildup. Dealing with a sewer hose full of solids with your camping neighbors looking on would not be an ideal situation IMO. If you have room in your TV to carry one, you could even dump into one of those blue transfer tanks the RV places sell and then empty that as needed.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:43 AM   #5
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Look in to add a black waste tank like I did my tank works great!! It holds 8 gal. Just got back for Hocking Hills State Park after one week only dump on the way out. It was nice not to use the blue tote !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did but only for gray water The Rip
Old 06-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
redapache

Default adding black waste tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1202
Look in to add a black waste tank like I did my tank works great!! It holds 8 gal. Just got back for Hocking Hills State Park after one week only dump on the way out. It was nice not to use the blue tote !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did but only for gray water The Rip
I have looked to do that, but on a 2619 I can't see where there is any where to put it? I notice you have a 3023 is that why you had room for one?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #7
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Look at my post "waste water holder" there are some pictures I can e-mail you more if you want. The Rip
Old 06-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #8
redapache

Default waste water holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1202
Look at my post "waste water holder" there are some pictures I can e-mail you more if you want. The Rip
Yes. Please send some pictures, the more the better, I'll take all the help I can get!!

Thanks

Jack
Old 01-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
g43gary

Default Newbee ???'s

Hello all,

sorry this may be a stupid question but from someone that has only camped with either a tent or a pop-up neither of which had any type of bathroom. What is the issue with the toilet system on the Trail Manors. We plan on camping mostly at sites with full hook-up will this be a problem.

Thanks
Gary
[email protected]
Jersey Shore Camper
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...new_newbie.gif
Old 01-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Gary -

For more info, see the "Toilet" article in the TrailManor Reference Library, also known as "TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else". It is the first forum at the top of this board.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote