TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
Casey Freswick

Default NUWallpaper Peel & Stick

Thought I would give an update on this years projects. We had thought about tile past-on for backsplash, but while looking discover NUWALLPAPER PEEL & STICK. This product is $35 for a roll of 18" by 21 inches. If we used a little more cut and past I think we would have only needed 2 rolls. We went for a lighter look with the shiplap model. It took a little longer because I continued to replace the foam that is along side to the vinyl on the front shell. I am sure someone could go faster, but I estimate about a 20 hour plus project for 1 person. Our wallpaper NEEDED to be replaced. It was a mess. Former owners had the unit sit outside, with the front end down. There was water damage to the outer wood rim around the front shell and some interior issues at the back of the sink. I have already replace the wood and redid the vinyl and foam around the front shell. No more leaks. So now I could redo the wall paper. I only had to replace about a 2' by 1' section of plywood just behind the sink on the from shell. I took off all the trim on the walls where there was wallpaper except for the bathroom. I likely did a little more than necessary, but beside the trim I took off the inside housing for the two windows where I replaced the wallpaper. I also sanded to removed ridges where I took off some wallpaper, but did not take it all off. You can not see where those lines existed. I also covered the "wall" table side of the refrigerator because there were two small holes. The adhesive is not as strong as glue so was worried that it may peal away where the velcro attaches to the wall. So I cut strips of 1/8 inch plywood attached the velcro and screwed both ends of this through both the velcro and plywood onto the wall. I did cover these plywood strips with the peel and stick to match colors. Will also cover all the trim. I have made many major improvements but none of them have so dramatically changed the look of my TM. My wife is thrilled. I will report back in the future to let you know about durability. But with a few additional trim items almost all the edges will be covered so I expect this new look will last a long time. I will keep some extra peel and stick to repair any blunders in the future. When I finish the trim and put everything back together I will post a couple more picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8765.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	20106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8766.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	20107   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8769.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	20108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8768.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	20109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8767.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	20110  

Old 07-17-2021, 09:02 PM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I am definitely watching this. I need to replace the luan board which gets wet if you have a vent leak and the water drains through the roof to the side. Once the luan board rots, it smells.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #3
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Freswick View Post
I will report back in the future to let you know about durability. But with a few additional trim items almost all the edges will be covered so I expect this new look will last a long time. I will keep some extra peel and stick to repair any blunders in the future. When I finish the trim and put everything back together I will post a couple more picture.
So is there an update as to how well the "glue" sticks?
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #4
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I can't answer how Casey's project worked out, but I would definitely recommend removing the old Luan board if you had water troubles. The Luan board is like a thin wood veneer and had rotted and smelled bad. You have to remove the window for this, but that is not a difficult job.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #5
Casey Freswick

Default Update

We had some water damage to a small section of Luan board that I replaced. We have had a very hot and very humid summer. The peel and stick wallpaper to this point is holding up great and we are really enjoying it. As stated earlier, we took all trim off and put the peel and stick behind it, including the window trim. That really holds a lot of edges in. But right now the places that we had open seems are also looking good. So far, so good.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #6
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

That's great to hear.. Thanks for the update.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is online now   Reply With Quote