TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
muz123

Default New Trailmanor Cassette Toilet

Someone must have already started a thread on this but could not find it. Was just poking around a dealer's new TMs. They are getting up there in price but also noticed there is a cassette toilet option. Does anyone know anything about this toilet as I need to replace the 12V pump motor in my Thetford recirculating toilet. Was wondering if one needs to manually pull out the cassette to empty.
Thanks,
muz
muz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:38 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
[I] noticed there is a cassette toilet option....Was wondering if one needs to manually pull out the cassette to empty.
I don't have one, but I think that's the definition of a cassette toilet - the waste collects in a small portable tank (the cassette) that is built into the toilet. When the cassette is full, you remove the it from the toilet and hand-carry it to a place where you can dump it. In the pictures I have seen, the cassette usually looks like a rectangular box, which can be closed watertight, and then carried using a handle on one side or end.

Do you happen to know the make/model of TM's optional cassette toilet? If not, a quick phone call would be in order. At the same time, you could ask if the cassette is removed from outside the trailer, through an opening in the trailer wall - or removed directly from the toilet base, inside the TM, and carried through the TM and out the door.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
muz123

It did not say the manufacturer or model of the cassette toilet. Thought it interesting that they even offered it. Was curious if it was able to be emptied from outside.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Was curious if it was able to be emptied from outside.
You mean without removing it from the toilet? Like through a hose? I doubt it, but you need to know the make/model of the toilet before you can be sure. This is a new option for TM, so there isn't much member experience.

Bill
Old 04-24-2021, 01:23 PM   #5
Shane826
TrailManor Master

The cassette toilet used by TM has a door through the outside wall of the bathroom that you remove the cassette through. This is key so you don’t have to carry the poop tank through the camper. Then it has a handle that extends so you can roll it like luggage to the dump station or bathroom. No it does not dump through the plumbing underneath. TM started using this because the 2518 has the axle directly under the toilet, so there is no room for the dump plumbing. They then figured why not offer it as an option on all the campers? I’m not sure the make or model name but here’s a video of (I think) the same toilet...

https://youtu.be/HLYHu1cmlTA
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I converted my TM to a cassette toilet a few years back. As Shane says, there's an outside door, you pop open and pull out the cassette. Mine holds about 4.5 gallons, so you may need to dump it sooner than the Electra Magic one. I bought a spare cassette. On the last day, just before closing, I pull the used tank and put the cleaned tank and close up the camper. If I can't dump the tank at the camp ground, I take it home and dump it inside one of the bathrooms toilets. I then flush it a couple of times, till no debris comes out.
I have several pictures under my albums of the newer cassette, your are free to look at. The new tanks have blue caps, verse the older models that had an orange cap. The one learning curve for me was the flush blade has got to be closed before you can pull the cassette out. The current version is the C223.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #7
muz123

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-24-2021, 06:14 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Kidkraz -

That's a nice looking installation! In the third picture in your album, there is a nice paper template fastened to the wall. Did this template come with the new toilet, or did you have to make it yourself? Did you have any trouble getting it into the proper position, both left-right and up-down?

Bill
Old 04-24-2021, 09:02 PM   #9
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Bill,

Installing the C200 was a bit of a fiasco. The C200 didn't come with a templet.
The US Thetford division didn't have a copy to send me, so the European folks sent me a copy. The C223 did come with a templet, but I didn't have to use it.
The C223 toilet wall cover is just a bit smaller/narrow than the C200. I don't remember if I had to move the wall bracket down or not. The plumbing and electrical connection were mostly a swap out. I did refine my electrical and plumbing connections with the new toilet. Centering wasn't that hard, I taped the wall, then placed the toilet frame against the wall and used white grease pencil to outlined it. Which you can see somewhat in the pic. That enabled me to center the templet correctly for my cut.
If someone converts to a cassette, use a very fine jig saw blade and go slow on your cut. You'll be reusing the outer skin and foam when you install the access door. Orientation of the skin is another important thing. I placed mine upside down and had to peel it off the foam; which was sealed to the foam and reinstall it. Which made it very messy.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #10
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I'm sure you're already aware, but just in case...

if you have a cassette toilet, you can't use traditional campsite hookups. We do use hookups quite a bit and makes emptying a recirculating toilet easy. If I had bought a TM with a cassette, I would probably convert it to recirculating just so I could have hookups.

If smell is the issue and reason for converting to cassette, consider this thread:
https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=19938

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote