TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2004, 04:56 AM   #1
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Default BED

:-\
We will be ordering a 2027SL this Tuesday. I am not keen on using a foam mattress. Can I ask the factory to leave it out? Is there an 110 AC outlet in the bed area for an air bed?
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:32 AM   #2
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

Default Re:BED

The standard 2730 SL (mine is a 2004 model) does not have a 110 volt outlet near the rear bed but you can have one factory installed if you custom order. I had one installed along with a 12 volt outlet and a feed from the TV antenna. They are all installed next to the door to the fuses/power converter. Cheers, Dick Coombs
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:39 AM   #3
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

Make that "2027 SL" --- it's too eary in the morning! Cheers again. Dick Coombs :
Old 06-27-2004, 06:54 AM   #4
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

;D Two more cups of coffee and I realized we should be talking about TM Model 2720SL (that's my final answer!!!)
Cheers, Dick Coombs
P.S. If you have any questions on custom ordering from the factory, Tim Loen of AutoVentures in Cheasapeake VA (757)432-0222 can help you. He custom ordered the installation I previously mentioned as well as the wiring for my 4-panel solar "farm". He also worked closely with the factory to adjust the raising/lowering mechanism for the real unit to compensate for the extra 100 lbs roof load the latter entailed. Cheers, Dick (757)722-3447 or [email protected]
Old 06-28-2004, 04:39 AM   #5
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Thanks, Richard. I printed your response to take to the dealer, just in case he thinks it can't be done....chuck
Old 06-28-2004, 08:56 PM   #6
ccc6588

[quote author=YWORRYDOG link=board=19;threadid=2060;start=msg14457#msg1445 7 date=1088333779]
:-\
We will be ordering a 2027SL this Tuesday. I am not keen on using a foam mattress. Can I ask the factory to leave it out? Is there an 110 AC outlet in the bed area for an air bed?
[/quote]

I think your request would be a strong message to TM that the bed situation needs improvement. It would be good if they change the one they currently have or provide additional options for beds. Seems to be that most RV companies are penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to mattresses judging by all the add-on RV mattresses that are for sale.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #7
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

The 110 outlet is now standard on the 2005. The bed is still a small concern. There is only 6" from the bed floor to the ceiling when closed. Most matresses are at least 6"-8".
I think we will go with an air bed, and have to release some air before folding. It will be kind of a hassel haveing to adjust it each time, but sleeping on foam is worse. :P The problem is when there is no 110. I will have to purchase an inverter for those times. :
Old 06-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #8
KB7OUR

A good piece of egg crate type foam on top of the factory mattress, topped with your bedding of choice does a decent job of providing reasonable comfort. Any more and I would be home sleeping on my Select Comfort :P. Each to his/her own. It is a trailer :.

Wade
Old 07-01-2004, 04:51 AM   #9
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Yup, ben there, our pop up was set up that way. We also have a Select Comfort at home, and in the present camper, I just don't think that "reasonable comfort will make it. :P We sometimes spend up to 3-4 weeks at a time traveling ;D
Old 07-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #10
Northwoods
Site Sponsor

I have to chuckle at all of the mattress talk.I have a bad back, but our TM mattress beats my Thermorest laid out on a gravel bar anytime. Don't spend that much time in the bed when we're on the move, anyway. May have a different story after our 19 day trip to Glacier and Yellowstone. Olga (Northwoods)Can't move 'smilies', but have a great big one on my face!
Northwoods is offline   Reply With Quote