TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2019, 03:19 PM   #11
vincoTM

I just used this technique of price-matching from the internet, and successfully ordered 3 of these Endurance tires in ST225-75R15 for a grand total of $267.33 shipped, and including installation at a local Goodyear dealer. I just google-searched the tire by size, and it came up with a site advertising them for $69.99. Thanks for the tip! Here's the website I used to get the price match: https://www.tssuper.com/goodyear-end...117n-r12piu75y
vincoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
FoosShark
Site Sponsor

I just tried that price match and they did it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goodyear tire price match.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	18318  
FoosShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 PM   #13
vincoTM

I have a short update on my purchase. I actually did not have a spare wheel at all with my 3023 that we bought last week, so I ordered the 3 Endurance tires from Goodyear and a new wheel from TX trailer parts. Goodyear actually wants to schedule your installation at their retail location nearest to you, so I had scheduled it for today, thinking I could get the 2 off the trailer done today and bring back the spare wheel to get it done next week when the wheel came in. Not so fast! Goodyear actually insists that for these online purchases, all of the tires must be installed at the same time, on the same visit, and you can't carry any extra tires out unmounted (at least according to the shop I will be using.) So I rescheduled my appointment for next Tuesday. Then when I got home, the wheel was here waiting, so I called the shop and arranged to go in tomorrow instead. It is my hope that they don't try to pull any shady stuff such as giving me tires out of their old stock instead of the new stock ones I paid for. We'll see tomorrow.

On another note, the 2 tires on the trailer were from 2013 (Hi-Run) and 2015 (Goodyear Marathon), and they both look like they couldn't have a thousand miles on them. I don't feel too bad replacing them due to the low price of the Endurance's, but I will be taking them home to put on a car hauler that pretty much never goes out of town.
vincoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #14
Expanderoo

Thanks for the tip about the price matching. I am going to try tomorrow when the chat is hopefully online. The tires on the TM I just bought are at the 5 year mark which I guess is when some replace and some go for another year or two but... I'd rather start fresh.
Expanderoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Installation

So did anybody bring their trail manor to the dealer to have them install the tires onto the trail manor? Or, did you bring the tires home and install them yourselves.?

I know that there is some rule about how to jack up the trailer or where to jack up the trailer when installing the tires. Can someone please remind me How that has to be done.

I will need someone else to install them for me because I am not capable of doing it myself.

Thanks

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:17 AM   #16
commodor47
Site Sponsor

The caution about jacking the TM comes from the manufacturer of the axle(s). The trailer should not be raised by placing any type of jack under the axle. Instead the jack is to placed along the trailer frame as close as practical to where the frame rail intersects the axle mount(s). Never raise the trailer by jacking under the axle.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:05 AM   #17
clan_salmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
So did anybody bring their trail manor to the dealer to have them install the tires onto the trail manor? Or, did you bring the tires home and install them yourselves.?
I had my tires delivered directly to my independent tire shop. I took the old tires in and let them install at their convenience. The Goodyear site had a good selection of local shops they would ship to, but I don't recall any RV dealers in the list. As to lifting the TM I puchased a powered scissor jack (from the money I saved on tires) and set the TM on tall jack stands (frame only)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The jack stays in the TV in case I ever need it on the road. Trying to lift the TM (or SUV) by hand crank would probably do me in. I keep a few 2x8 boards with me. The jack needs a couple inches of help for the TM and the boards help give a stable platform for lifting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clan_salmons View Post
As to lifting the TM I puchased a powered scissor jack (from the money I saved on tires) and set the TM on tall jack stands (frame only)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The jack stays in the TV in case I ever need it on the road. Trying to lift the TM (or SUV) by hand crank would probably do me in.
I had never seen a powered scissors jack. Nice device, and I especially like that it is stored in a case, to keep it handy and organized. I would never want a hand-cranked scissors jack for this purpose, but I have found that a 4-ton hydraulic bottle jack is a good alternative, and makes easy work of lifting. No need for electric power or a cord, a good deal smaller, a lot less expensive (about $15). On the other hand, my bottle jack has a limited lifting range of about 7 inches, requiring a somewhat more judicious use of blocks.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #19
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I had my independent tire shop price match GY. He ordered them and installed. I think in the long run I will get more support from him. He will rebalance for free, etc..

I was just checking my endurance tires. Having very good ware. We put on 20 -25K miles ago and have about 2/32 of ware, 6/32 left. I go the entire camping season with about 2-3 psi lose. I air them with 68 psi and end of season they have been 65. April until late Nov.

This weekend I will rotate the spare onto the axle.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #20
clan_salmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
I had my independent tire shop price match GY. He ordered them and installed.
It's interesting how different shops operate. Mine thanked me for ordering direct from Goodyear. He said that he got credit for the sale and saved him the trouble.

Glad to hear they are wearing well. I wish I was putting more miles on mine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote