TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #11
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default Wow! Mrs. Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosecreeklarry View Post
We had our Trailmanor for a year and I replaced all curtains and also experimented with a lot of different installation processes during that year. You can remove the old balances by using a long screwdriver and or a small lightweight crowbar and gently tugging at the corners and then working your way across the valance. I found it almost impossible to remove them without making a small intention about half of a dime size where the toggle bolts came out. It is unlikely you could reupholster then because they tend to twist a bit when they come out, but you could try. We took our balances off then filled the holes. Because I repainted all the walls you couldn't really notice anything when the new curtains were up. If you want regular cafe style curtains ( which you can buy anywhere) there are instructions on this forum if you do a search on how to modify the rod holder hardware, then you simply install a small screw leaving a small bit left unscrewed and slip the holder in place and place the curtains on their toda in place until you leave. This allows you to keep everything very clean. I also wanted some level of privacy during the day but not so much that it obstructed the light. I took a sticky back piece of Velcro and placed it on the wall above the window and screws it on place with screws about every 4 to 5 inches ( if you don't screw it eventually with moisture and humidity it may come off in sections. Then I took lace curtains cut them to the length and width I wanted and sewed a non sticky Velcro mate into place (these are just simple straight seams). this process could be done with any material). That way you have some privacy but almost full light. In the bed portion of the trailer I used marine vinyl and did the same process nut also installed them as shade / curtain by simply attaching two long strips of material with a small washer on bottom end. In the daytime you simply take the ties and attach the washer to a small screw raised a I'd've from the top wall Velcro. You could due the same thing with any material. You simply remove it when leaving and put it up when when setting up. I will see if I have any pics that show what we did. Mrs goose creek Larry

1,977 Items
That looks nice and all and one can see that you have devoted a lot of time to your TM...but how do you keep it so clean when you go camping....obviously you don't have children....or do you have an extra big cat-o-nine-tails?
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #12
momto4girls

GoosecreekLarry, your remodel looks wonderful. If you have time, maybe you could post a thread about how you painted everything??? (I don't want to totally hijack this thread) I would love to paint the walls and cabinets one day--down the road, but I am concerned about the paint adhering, chipping, constant touch ups. I DO have kids.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:36 PM   #13
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Wow....very impressive Mrs Goosecreek Larry

This is the most impressive TM remodel I have seen. Great job. I'd hate to post what mine looks like while camping

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #14
Goosecreeklarry

Default Painting the interior

Thanks we don't have small children but we did have small pups. Dear husband and I are well past the age where we enjoy sleeping on the ground i.e. We're really to old for that and wanted our creature comforts or glamping as they call it these days.I used a high quality exterior latexsemi gloss on just about everything after a thorough cleaning and sanding of wood for services. Also used chalk paint on the accent walls except for the two end walls where I experimented with a different type of oil paint. Someone else suggested marine paint which is a Great idea. We camped about 5 weeks and it held up well for us. We didn't use any of the original curtain tracks for our curtains, in fact, I removed all of the bottom ones and only left the top ones in place because I thought I might do some more curtain experimenting down the line. If you want blindsinstead of curtains there is an interesting thread on this forum on adhering high strength magnets on the walls for the blinds which would give you a clean line. All sorts of good ideas on this forum from a lot of well traveled folks. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	13583  
Goosecreeklarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:53 PM   #15
BradS7535

Did you remove cabinets to do the painting or just taped everything off well?
Old 06-11-2016, 11:23 PM   #16
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosecreeklarry View Post
Thanks we don't have small children but we did have small pups. Dear husband and I are well past the age where we enjoy sleeping on the ground i.e. We're really to old for that and wanted our creature comforts or glamping as they call it these days.I used a high quality exterior latexsemi gloss on just about everything after a thorough cleaning and sanding of wood for services. Also used chalk paint on the accent walls except for the two end walls where I experimented with a different type of oil paint. Someone else suggested marine paint which is a Great idea. We camped about 5 weeks and it held up well for us. We didn't use any of the original curtain tracks for our curtains, in fact, I removed all of the bottom ones and only left the top ones in place because I thought I might do some more curtain experimenting down the line. If you want blindsinstead of curtains there is an interesting thread on this forum on adhering high strength magnets on the walls for the blinds which would give you a clean line. All sorts of good ideas on this forum from a lot of well traveled folks. Enjoy
So the blue on the bath walls is chalk paint? Did you use a primer on anything?
Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

We made new curtains, re-using the old top and bottom slide hooks. We must have been lucky, the valances we were able to reused the old wood and staple the new material to it.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #18
Goosecreeklarry

I originally used a paint with primer. Then decided to go over it with chalk paint for accent walls. I didn't want to keep anything on the walls/windows permanently due to the dust that can blow up into the shells on the road, just a personal preference and choose not to reuse the tabs as I wanted to store everything on the sofa in a dust free bag while traveling, another personal preference. My sister gave me a roll of fabric which I used. The wonderful thing about campers is their small size that you can customize as you wish just like your home. The draperies take a few more minutes to set up but for us that was a trade off to keep everything as clean as we could get it for a 14 year old camper. Have a great summer in the outdoors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	773.9 KB
ID:	13585  
Goosecreeklarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #19
Lifewith5

Wow, this is the first TM I've seem where someone really changed the interior. Would like more information on your rehab. What did you use to paint the inside of your TM? Did you use outdoor fabric for the curtains? And could you share more pictures? Please and thank you!
Old 08-23-2016, 05:54 AM   #20
Mr_funnypuns
Site Sponsor

Did you reupholster that sofa in leather or vinyl?

2720SL The "Inator"
Tanium 600lb WDH, Atwood power Jack, 2 inch lift kit, 15 inch tires, 200W Solar, T105 Pair, Yamaha EF1000i w/ propane conversion, Tuson TSC electronic sway control, Trojan Hydrolink battery watering system

2005 Ford Expedition
Factory tow Package, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Grand Aero Tow mirrors

TRailer Valet XL
Mr_funnypuns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blinds, curtains, shades