TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
tish4398
Site Sponsor

Default drawer dividers

We filled one of the drawers with toiletries and small items. It took up the whole drawer and we couldn't find anything. I noticed there were slots on the bottom of the drawers and decided to make custom drawers dividers out of 1/4 inch X 3 inch oak wood. There are 3 pairs of slots, making four compartments. We now can put MORE small items in the drawers and finding things is much easier. Set you mitre saw at 18.5 degrees. You will have to round the bottom corners at 45 degrees. I installed a divider in other drawers to help separate clothing items. We now find things much faster!!!
tish4398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:48 AM   #2
MawCraig

Default Re:drawer dividers

I use recycled cardboard boxes to contain the clutter in drawers. A shoe box holds the seldom used items. An empty aluminum foil box holds the sharp knives. I used whatever fit the need. Might not be pretty, but it works for me!!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
mamabear

I use rubbermaid sandwich containers or other square plastic. Never have lids anyway so they make great storage dividers.

mamabear
Old 03-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #4
Chris_Bauer

I use plastic shoe boxes and keep the lids underneath. If I need something from the odds and ends tray, I can take out the whole box if need be. Three fit neatly across the drawer.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Has anybody ever seen the drawer dividers that (supposedly) are made for the drawers by the manufacturer thereof or some after-market provider?

Does the factory--or some TM dealer--sell them? or know where to find them? I made one out of cardboard, just to have a pattern, but logic says they should already exist. If they were smooth plastic they would be preferable to wood for the drawers that hold DW's "stuff."

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Talked to Bill Hulsey today about several issues. He confirmed Bill's thoughts about flipping the tub around for more headroom--no can do for the reasons Bill stated.

We talked about toilet venting, which is of interest to me. He said his experience was that if the toilet stinks it needs more chemicals. He agreed with my theory that the intensity of use and the time since dumping are primary contributors to odor. He also said that you should use the shower enough to keep the trap full of water or the grey-water tank will (or can) cause an odor that is equally offensive to the Thetford.

He also said the sharp corner of the bed support was supposed to be rounded off by the vendor, but they changed vendors and it fell through the cracks. The new ones are supposed to be fixed.

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-V_Driver
-------snip------------
He [Bill Hulsey]also said that you should use the shower enough to keep the trap full of water or the grey-water tank will (or can) cause an odor that is equally offensive to the Thetford.
Doh!! That's where that sewer smell was coming from last time out. I forgot all about running some water into the tub trap. Great tip/reminder!

Denny_A
Old 10-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #8
dlajoie
Site Sponsor

We had recently done a closet upgrade in our home with tongue and groove cedar paneling (3"wideX1/4"thick). I cut some leftover pieces to fit in the drawer slots (including angle cut at the back of the drawer). This not only provides dividers but introduces the wonderful attributes of cedar.
dlajoie is offline   Reply With Quote