TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
2619PDX

Default Removable Shelves for TM

Everyone:
I have wanted to post this for quite some time, but have only just gotten the photographs.

We have found a unique set of shelving that helps us with storage in our TM2619. It mounts to the wall WITHOUT the use of external hardware and will support up to 50 punds easily.

Best yet, it is COMPLETELY removable for closing down the trailer. See attached PDF file.

We use this shelving system above both sides of the dinette cushions, in the bathroom, AND in the back bedroom. In the pictures, you'll only see one of the rear bedroom shelves...

I am so impressed with the performance of this product that I have written the attached article unsolicited, for publication in Trailer Life and RV Life Magazine... I might even go to Camping Life as well.

The pictures at the end of the article are of my unit's installation.

Hope you find this information helpful! We love it! It solves a lot of storage questions.

Best,

Gregg
Old 02-27-2004, 06:59 PM   #2
mamabear

Default Re:Removable Shelves for TM

Those shelves are really cool!! What locks the shelves into the base unit that hangs on the wall or is it all one unit? Is the velcro a self sticking or do you add adhesive to the velcro before you adhere the velcro to the wall? Are they expensive?

mamabear
Old 02-27-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

These look like they would help with the storage solution. What a great idea! Did you just buy some industrial strength velcro from somewhere else and attach them to it? I didn't see anything on their website that promoted any velcro for sale.

Must go out the the TM and ponder where to place such shelves. Sounds like they would be strong enough to support a TV.

We need some shelves for inside the wardrobe cabinet, too. With 4 people in a 2720, and a side air conditioner, storage for clothes is hard. The drawers are all taken up with batteries, games, duct tape, etc, except one. We even stick stuff on the floor under the drawers. Need more shelves. We even have the Wal Mart plastic shelf thing next to the wardrobe, and it ends up being full after we go shopping.

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #4
2619PDX

Guys:
That's the really neat part of this system. IT COMES WITH THE VELCRO ATTACHED. In several of the pictures you can see the VELCRO hook and loop frame on the wall of our TM. This is included in the system.

Everything is wood. The shelves are cut to lock onto the shelving support framework that sticks to the velcro material on your wall. That way, you can adjust the shelf height and mix and match shelving components as well.

Bob Sutherland is the man's name at Shelf Expressions here in Portland. He can work with you to set up whatever system makes sense to you.

I have two standard sets of shelves (And I'm sorry, but I can't recall the size right off hand...) that we use over the dinettes and in the rear bedroom. However, the shelving you see in the bathroom was custom made to fit a TM bath.

I'll post all shelving sizes for you as well.

For us, they really add to the value of the TM and our camping experience.

Gregg
Old 03-12-2004, 09:20 AM   #5
Ettelson

Just an FYI... ordered the shelves from the internet and it did NOT come with the velcro attachment so I would call before ordering to see which are the right ones for you. Looks like a great product though and they are very helpful to get you what you need.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:46 AM   #6
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Gregg what a great concept!! Please let us know what the sizes that you have bilaterally at the dinette area are. I can see them in the bedroom and on the side of the wardrobe and bathroom wall as well. Thanks so much for the tip.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 PM   #7
Bill & Lisa

Gregg, We're just about to purchase a 3023 and I know that your storage system will be of use to me. Where did you order them and is it possible to re-post the pictures? If not, is there any way I can get the info from you direct?
Old 09-20-2005, 07:34 AM   #8
dick franzel

I could not see the pictures of the shelves. Please send me some information on where I can purchase them. Sincerly, Dick and Margaret Franzel [email protected] 505 378-4701
Old 09-20-2005, 08:52 AM   #9
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

I believe this is the Shelf Expressions webpage used by Gregg (2619PDX):

http://www.shelfexpressions.com/html/
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
grampa

Gregg, Maybe it is just me, but I cannot find any of the links to the pic and pdf files you talked about. Maybe you could re-post?thanks Grampa